“Delicious First Rate Tapas andPaella”
Review of B44

B44
Reserve with OpenTable
B44 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #657 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Bush & Kearny
Transit: BART Station. Montgomery
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Finally, we found a great restaurant that serves authentic tapas and paella. I have always been
partial to black ink in my rice and pasta. Had tasted it in Venice and since then been craving for it. Tried it again in Paris last fall but this place serves it far better. Not heavy on the palate. The tapas are excellent. Anything that we ordered was not a disappointment. Loved the squid stuffed with crab meat in black ink, Serrano Negra toast with fig jam and the white sardines . Olive oil dip is fantastic. Service is superb. Love their food so much that we made reservations for my birthday. Hope they will be around for a long time. The location is in a very short alley with other good restaurants in the financial area.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant in October. We sat outside and they were able to seat us without a reservation (It was a tuesday night). The waitstaff were all very pleasant and funny. The bread with the olive oil dip was fantastic. I have since made this at home my husband like it so much. It wasn't your usual olive oil dipping....it also had muddled pieces of black olives in it. We had two appitizers, which were ok and a paella with chorizo, chicken and seafood. That was pretty good. The desert, the flan was different than i have had before but very good as well.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an interesting tapas restaurant tucked in a side street with a few others. Outdoor seating are fairly tight quarters, indoors a bit better. Active busy place so given close quarters not a good place for private conversation. My wife and I had excellent appetizers and I had one of the best lamb main courses I have had. Coupled with a bottle of Spanish wine it was a memorable meal. Recommend highly.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Looking forward to nice spanish dinner but was very disapointed
When we arrived, they didnt have our reservations but seated us anyway
Waiter was pleasant.
Appy of shrimp w/avocado was good
We each ordered a different paella. They were so peppery we found them hard to eat. We picked out the seafood, etc since we were hungry and left
would not go back or recommend this place

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My expectations were higher than what I experienced. I had the noodle paella dish. The noodles seemed a bit greasy. The seafood was ok but not great. The dish came with two whole shrimp on top. The shrimp were flavorless and could have been so much better. Honestly, i felt like I was eating a bowl of Rice A Roni. There could have been some good spices or something used. Very disappointing. The highpoint of my meal was the beet salad. The greens were super fresh and the goat cheese delicious.