“Not bad.”

Ferry Plaza Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferry Plaza Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #620 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: 11:00Pm-3:30pm Lunch 3:30-5:30 Happy Hour 5:30-10:00pm Dinner
“Not bad.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

After a long flight, we walked to the Terminal from the Clift. Our intentions we're to go to Hog Island, however; the line was long with an unknown wait. Since we were starving, we went next door to Ferry Plaza. We sat right down and a lot of others in line got the same idea. It became quite busy. My wife and I both had Chowder. I, White and she, Red. Both were tasty with the White, creamy and the Red with a hint of spice. We also shared a half of a Crab Melt Sandwich which was huge. We also had the Shrimp Quesadilla which had a nice compliment of in house made Guacamole and Salsa. Service was fine for as busy as it became and I would give them a try again.

Visited November 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Seafood with flavour, service not great”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I will start by saying that the service wasn't good here. Our waiter forgot part of our order, and didn't really seem to be paying attention when we were inquiring about things on the menu. However, once we had decided what to have the food was really good. Fresh, cooked well and tasty- not too pricy given where it is. I would go back, I would just try and overlook the service.

• Visited October 2013
Newtown, PA
“Very Good, Beautiful Scenery.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in line to eat next door at Hog Island Seafood, but I wasn't thrilled with their menu so we went over to this place. I had the Manhattan Clam Chowder and Lobster Sandwich, which could have used more lobster in it. Bread was good. But a lobster Roll in Boston is better. H had the crab cocktail which looked like it came from the claws. All shredded. Served with cocktail sauce. I'm part Marylander so I like big pieces of sweet backfin. H also had the Ahi Tuna and said it was good. Good service. Food is good, not spectacular. Eating on the deck overlooking the Oakland bridge and bay, IS spectacular.

Visited October 2013
Mississauga
“Week long trip to California”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our cable car ride ended at the Embarcadero Market, so we strolled in and checked out a few shops. We eventually stopped in at Ferry Plaza Seafoods and after a brief wait were seated at a small table for 4 - cozy, but fun with the busy atmosphere. We ordered oysters all around, different varieties - they were great. The atmosphere was very busy with tourists, families, and the downtown core. It was fun to watch the staff shucking oysters. There were great views of the bay, and the Bay Bridge. A nice stop for wine and appetizers.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Dinner by the Bay”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I checked all the restaurants in the vicinity of the green market and while they all offered fresh fish, only Plaza Seafoods offered a plain grilled Halibut filet with roasted vegetables, all of which were cooked to perfection and washed down with a very affordable bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from Grgich Hills

• Visited October 2013