“Dinner before the show”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a group meal at Capps Corner before the Beach Blanket Babylon show. The service was great and the four course meal was excellent. I thought they did a great job considering we had around thirty people in our group.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went to Capp's Corner because of it's proximity to Club Fugazi. I would never go there for the food alone. Too pricey for what you get:: a mediocre salad, store bought french bread and a decent entree. My fettucine primavera did have a lot of veggies in it. That's the best thing I can say about this restaurant.

1  Thank IslandLovinTwosome
Reviewed August 20, 2012

There are not many restaurants in San Francisco that retain the charm of earlier days. Capp's Corner is one that does, along with excellent meals and beverages. It is a small place and not well known to tourists or, for that matter, to even some long time Bay Area residents. It is a real San Francisco treat.

3  Thank Mikeview
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I were visiting San Fran for a long weekend and local recommended we try Capp's for a casual Italian dinner. It was quite crowded and tiny but our timing was good and they had small table in the corner available. It is traditional Italian family dining and we enjoyed large portions of our minestrone soup and salad before our entree's. I chose the veal and my wife had the ravioli. Both were excellent.

For a modest family restaurant the food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Food is average but reasonably priced. Soup, salad and bread were okay. Calamari was tender enough. Clam and mussel fetuccine a little bland and the pasta okay. Leg of lamb wasn't bad. This restaurant has been around a long time and the bar and eating areas shows the wear and tear; nothing spiffy but not unattractive, either. Overall, a pleasant enough experience, but there are many better restaurants to choose from in the area so I would not recommend. My biggest complaint came when I saw my credit card statement. The bill was $5.00 more than I approved. I'd like to think this was an honest mistake, though my first thought was that someone didn't like the 15% tip I left and felt the need to help themselves to a better one!