“Nice spot to eat nice food”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex - CLOSED

Chevys Fresh Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: SoMa
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A little expensive but I really liked the service, food and margaritas!I went there twice, but if I could I would go more.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Off of the main tourist strip but the food is comfortable and the margaritas are great! Have some nachos and guacamole, too. Find this place on 3rd several blocks south of Market. It's probably the best spot to eat in the neighborhood.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This restaurant is the reason I love frozen margaritas. They come in various flavours and are just delicious. The food is also very good. Unlimited tortilla chips with salsa to start, and I can recommend ordering guacamole too as they make fresh it in front of you with chillies and cheese to your taste. Everything I've tasted on the menu has been good. Portions are very generous. Dessert is tasty. I've found the service to be good and usually quick even when busy.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived at the W Hotel across the street at 5:00 and were looking for a snack to tide us over until a late dinner. I walked out the door and there was Chevy's. No crowd at that time, though Happy Hour had started and looked good. I ordered their Tortilla Soup, which came quickly and was packed in drip-proof containers, with a side of tortilla strips and fresh avocado for the soup, as well as fresh, warm chips and Salsa--practically a feast for $6.00! It was perfect for the cool weather and the soup was delicious!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

So I usually love Chevy's as far a chain Mexican restaurant goes. They have great light chips and flavorful salsa. Their enchiladas are tasty. Their margaritas are enormous with just the right mixture of sweet and lime. But when we came here for Paint Nite this week the veggie queso we ordered as an appetizer was fairly tasteless and the cheese was rather gummy. We added salt and pepper because it need more flavoring but it didn't help much. I wouldn't order this again. The nachos are better. Happy hour is an inexpensive fun way to eat here...and if you come for Paint Nite in their private room, your evening will be super fun.