“Visited twice”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went for a beer the first time and then ate at their cafeteria style food later. Several police officers came in to eat there so we figured it must be pretty good. I have roast beef, mash potatoes, dressing, pasta salad, and roll for $10.99. They also had sandwiches. Beers (draft) are $4.75. Most place in San Francisco are around $5 per draft beer.

There are newer reviews for Lefty O'Doul's

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had previously been the for breakfas which was very good. Lunch was not the same. Food was cafeteria style, but corned beef was tasty and tender. Bread was somewhat stale. Service was non-existent. Once I sat down, not one person came over to me, even for a refill of my iced tea. The place is an institution, but it no longer lives up to the hype.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

CAlled in here last night for food and a beer. My wife suggested that teh food was like scholl dinners but without the service. Seemed a bit harsh to me but I have to agree. Perhaps this was down to a bad night/long day for the staff.
Beer selection is one of teh best I have seen so far in the USA and the pub is themed for the SF Giants baseball.
In summary, poor food offset by beer and baseball so give it a go and see what you think.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Visited this place with my family not so while ago and I loved... The decoration is amazing if you are a baseball fan. Also the food was pretty good!
The location is excellent next to "Union Square"...

Also in the afternoon you can have some drinks there, the place is perfect!

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Very unique old fashion Irish Pub photos on the wall of Boston Red Sox, Marline Monroe, and baseball fields. The Longshore Men Union were having a private party in the back room. First you go through a buffet style counter and get your food, pay, then find a seat, then order your beer, and pay. Waitress had very strong Irish accent. Hot pastrami sandwich for $9 was very tasty.