“Warm welcome, tasty food”

Brindisi Cucina di Mare
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Pine & Kearny
Transit: Muni, Montgomery Bart Station
Description: Located on Belden Place in the heart of the financial district. Wonderful al fresco atmosphere, European Style. Unbeatable Italian Cuisine. The quintessential dinning experience.
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We wandered into Brindisi kind of by accident and without reservations on a Saturday (very cold outside) night. We waited for over an hour at the bar because it was too cold to eat outside. The staff couldn't have been kinder, even giving us each a glass of wine in apologizing for the long wait that was our own fault. My daughter had ravioli and I had a noodle with meat sauce dish that was nicely spiced with tender, home-made noodles. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Chickadee48

Reviewed August 10, 2008

My wife and I chose Brindisi from the many other restaurants nearby on Belden Street, because they had halibut cheeks on the menu. My wife ordered snapper, while I ordered the halibut cheeks. My wife's fish was dry and the sauce was too salty. My "halibut cheeks," served in a bland, salty tomato sauce, were probably tulapia. We're from Alaska and are very familiar with halibut cheeks, because we both cook them at home and order them at local restaurants. What I was served was some bland flaky fish, and certainly not what I ordered. After we pointed this out to the manager (who was also our waiter), he first said he would get some from the kitchen to demonstrate I got what I ordered. Not surprisingly he said I got the last order. We were then comped out full meal, not doubt to prevent me from doing what I'm doing here. I should also say that the service was not borderline rude, and only became friendlier after we caught them in their food fraud. Beware.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 9, 2008

i love this restaurant and the location

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 25, 2008

The service was perfect, kind and attentive. You can seat outside without being exposed to car or traffic. The place is a lovely upscale real Italian restaurant with tasty food.

1  Thank sdruciolo
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We had planned to go to a different restaurant in this area (off Bush St) but the friendliness of the girl explaining the menu won us over. My wife and I shared an appetiser of baked mussells - very tender and really tasty. We then shared a salad and the seafood linguini baked in a large pot covered with a pizza topping to keep the flavours in - delicious. The price of appetizer ($12) and main ($19) made the dinner also great value. Very happy we changed from our original plan.

1  Thank Dazoli