“Wake Up! Wrong website for Red's!!!”
Review of Red's Java House

Red's Java House
Ranked #1,620 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed November 7, 2013

How is it that the website link for Red's goes to the page for "The Java House", which is at pier 40 about a 5 minute walk down the embarcadero near ATT Park? Don't get me wrong...I like both places, but this is clearly a very amateur mistake that should never happen!

Jimyleo

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I think it was Anthony Bourdain's show that led me here. Of course the hard part was getting here. My fault, not there's. I used a transit app and for some reason they have this place located way south at Pier 96! I took the long, long trip from North Beach to Pier 96. There's nothing there. I did a little digging (like I should've before hand) and come to find it's on Pier 30. It would've been a 20 minute walk from where I was staying, instead of a 90 minute bus ride with transfers. Anyway.... I finally get to Red's. It's the dive place you'd expect. And I like that about it. Ride under the Bay Bridge. Scenic if you want to eat outside. Wasn't too crowded when I arrived, maybe around 2pm. Not the friendliest staff, but whatever. You almost expect that in this type of place. They're either gonna be over friendly or not at all. No middle ground. I got the double cheeseburger, fries and coke special. It's served on sourdough. I'm not a big fan but it worked here. Burgers were perfectly cooked. I like the fix-ins they've gone with: mayo, mustard, onions and pickles. I might start using that at home. $2 for additional can of coke was bit high. One of the best dive burger joints I visited on my travels by far.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you do nothing else. This place was Zagat rated in 2012 but I didn't know it when I first walked in.

The food is good. I had a burger and fries and onion rings. The sourdough bun was a nice touch.

What you really want however is to go to the bar in the back and see the view of the bay and the people.

Since this is near AT@T park on game day especially the people watching alone is worth it.

Not really a kid friendly place unless you stay in the front part then it's great. Check out the pictures on the walls too and get a history lesson.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had wonderful burgers, fries, fish and chips, and beer after a long day of sightseeing. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the prices were great, and the energy was fantastic, as everyone was excited to walk to the stadium for a game (BEAT L.A!) It's location right along the pier was so cool, it reminded me of a movie. Loved it!

1  Thank Claire L
Reviewed March 16, 2013

What appears to be a tiny coffee house along the harbour of South Beach (just across from AT&T stadium) is run by the NICEST people ever and makes GREAT burgers and WONDERFUL egg salad. They serve REALLY GOOD cafe and also offer several beers- including the TASTY local Anchor Steam Beer. Enjoy the harbor view, watch the locals and their dogs, and bask in the wonderful tastes and aromas of good food, I love this spot!!

1  Thank Sandrinaav