“This place is a San Francisco Icon / classic”
Review of Red's Java House

Red's Java House
Ranked #1,237 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beer and burgers at lunch, for super low prices. Set on a pier between the Bay Bridge and AT&T park, on Herb Caen Way (or The Embarcadero), this gem is the place for burgers on rolls with a bottle of bud for a quick get away. I know it says "Java house" but I know it as 1 hour heaven for lunch. I've been going here periodically for years, and will continue as long as I'm working in SF.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The menu is as simple and direct as a cargo hook: burgers, fish and chips, eggs and bacon. This little hut-like edifice squats near the foot of the Bay Bridge at Pier 30. Stunning views of the Bay, the bridge and city high-rises, in an historic grub station once serving longshore laborers and now a venue for a quick but relaxing breakfast or lunch for journalists, politicians and other San Franciscans who appreciate its simple charm and rib-sticking meals. Full bar. My fiancé and I actually had our wedding here recently. No fog, full moon, and while we made our brief vows a hundred guests kept one eye on a tv screen as the Giants captured game 3 in the Series. A magical night!

1  Thank DeeSF
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I want to Java based in No Reservation program and I liked the place. It's pretty different... it's a small place with good food and with A LOT of history

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It sure doesn't look like much...and has a spartan feel. But...this is a great place for lunch as you tour The City. I think the burgers are great...the beer is cold...and the Java...well, give it a try.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Walked from downtown to the Giants Stadium, not on a game day. Not much is open in the area. We stopped at Red's. What a wise decision. yes, it lloks like a dive. But the burgers, yumm. Served on sourdough bread with mustard, pickles, and onions. Their sign says: "We don't do lettuce and tomatoes." Too funny. Great old pics on the wall. Share an order of fries. They come in a big cup.

1  Thank captmom