“Return to L'Osteria”

L'Osteria del Forno
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Osteria del Forno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #348 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: As our name indicate, most of the food is cooked in the oven, like the best thin-crust pizza in town, thinly sliced pork loin roasted in milk, penne with meat sauce... And our extraordinary focaccia! We only cook fresh produce for 26 years!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Return to L'Osteria”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We try regullrly to return to L'Osteria for lunch when we visit downtown SF; restaurant is small and has a nice atmosphere; food is always good, especially if you choose from today's specials. Today's artichoke soup (note: not cream of . . . ) was a plus, and the ricotta ravioli were exceptional, especially when they gave me a little fresh basil to top it with. My wife felt her pizza margherita was good, but not among the best she has had.

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Tutto a posto!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Buonissimo! Ravioli sono freschi e buonisssimi...Mille Grazie Di Utah! Translation: great place with uber fresh and traditional dishes.

• Visited May 2013
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Small place, Big flavor”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were visiting in the city and came across this place. The food was super. The service not rushed and being on vacation we were not in a hurry so it was perfect for us. I had the incredible freshly made ravioli. To die for! I want to fly back there from NH just to have it again!! We eat in the North End of Boston all the time and so far nothing comes close to this one. My husband had the lamb as pictured which was cooked just right!

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Handmade Pasta at It's Best”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped in here for lunch after a long walk from the Wharf area. A quaint little place, probably eight tables inside and a few tables on the sidewalk.

The feature of the day was a "handmade Ricotta ravioli." OMG, it was so good.

We ordered a slice of homemade pizza to split and each had an order of the ravioli. The lunch portion was perfect.

Both the pizza and ravioli were delicious. We have put this restaurant on our list of places to return to.

Monterey, California
“Terrible food and terrible service”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was excited to find an "osteria" in North Beach on a recent visit to the city as I lived in Bologna and have fond memories of the rustic and delicious food of the "osteria" there. I noticed the trip advisor sticker and decided to try it. I was very sorry I did. I should have been warned by the amount of flies buzzing around our table. I ordered stuffed tomatoes and a slice of margherita pizza and my daughter ordered the pasta dish (the menu is very limited but I prefer limited and good to large and mediocre so no complaints there.) They were inedible! My husband ordered a lamb dish which he managed to eat but we couldn't eat ours - I do not consider myself a "foodie" by any stretch of the imagination but I can tasted old, rancid food which has been frozen and re-heated. I told the waiter that I didn't care for the food and she said "good, I can take it away if you want." I said "yes" and she didn't! In the end my husband paid for his and not ours but he had to point out (quite forcefully) that it must have been truly bad as generally my daughter will eat anything! Please be warned.