“Really enjoyed this little restaurant”

First Crush Restaurant Wine Bar & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Ellis St.
Transit: Muni, BART Powell St. station is 1/2 block away.
Description: First Crush offers a "casual upscale" atmosphere for individuals, private events and large parties in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square district, featuring the largest all-California wine list in the city. Low ceilings, polished decor and a cool backdrop of ambient music contribute to an intimate setting for enjoying First Crush's elegant American French cuisine. The restaurant has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for fourteen years running.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I had a late lunch inthe Haight and that led to a late a dinner. Not sure where to go, we asked the concierge at the Hilton, Union Square. We did not want to walk too far as it was late. We were directed to this lovely little restaurant. The owner was sweet - working to make all guest happy dispite the fact thathe had two employees call in and was short staffed. It is a small but intimate place and we were seated quickly at a nice table. The restaurant was full but the service did not suffer. We wanted to keep things light so we just has a cheese plate and two small plates and we were very happy. The cheese was very good with honey, marcona almonds, marmelade and crostini - the perfect plate for the price. We had the gnnochi which was melt in your mouth good and the lobster mac and cheese which had a generous amount of lobster in it. We couldn't eat it all but it was very good. Would definately go there again with a bigger appetite.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Last night on the Barbary Coast and time for a "Dark and Stormy" with some great Walu fish that melts in your mouth.

Kobe burgers on the menu were cooked just right

Cozy place for a late dinner . The service was attentive without pushing considering how late we were eating.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is one of those places that you hope to find on travel. I stayed at the Hilton Union Square so I checked my map, and First Crush was on the next block over and had good reviews on here. They open at 5:30 and after walking around China town, I was ready to eat. I was seated at a little table and the place was about half full (Of course half of SF was partying down the street for St Patrick's day (been there, done that), time to have a nice meal. They have a good choice of wines, but I stick with the mixed drinks. I had their Grapes of Wrath drink. It was a great choice - the drink was great. Next I tried the Lobster Mac N Cheese and the Butternut Squash Ravioli. Let me tell you, I took one bite of the ravioli and I didn't stop until it was done (well I stopped after the first bite just to take the picture for this review) - but then I ate it all and wanted more... So then I dug into the mac n cheese. It was good too, but I really wanted more ravioli. Not to put the mac n cheese down, but the ravioli was so good. Well I ate that too (almost all of it but wanted dessert so I stopped). I am so glad I stopped because I had the white chocolate bread pudding and it was really good. The place is small inside, but that added to the charm. On busy nights you might want to make a reservation. The waiter Andy was very attentive and very good. Actually everyone was great in there. I always like trying new places, but I don't know, the ravioli might call me back tomorrow night. Give this place a try.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Food was awesome, very crowed and tables are very close together but still all was great. Wine flights were available which was cool. We would surly go back!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Every dish that was ordered in my party of 8 was absolutely fabulous. Went here for the first time last week. Very good size appetizers, superb wine selection, entrees were exquisite. Very nice atmosphere, great place for big or small party's. Profound service by the waitress, suggestions were great. Found what type of food we liked, instead of suggesting what they thought was good. I would suggest try the grilled king salmon.