“Amazing Oysters and Lttle Neck Clams”

Hog Island Oyster Company
Ranked #28 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place has a line all the time for various kinds of Oysters and the Little Neck Clams (on the half shell or in the New England Clam Chowder) . They also have a great Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Lovely location at the Ferry Building with views of the water. Try going at Happy Hour too for discounts on Oysters and wine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,929)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Fine food at Hog island Oyster Co. I tried oysters and chowder. Fine food. Two times there I had to wait a 15 min line, but it is worth the wait. Recommended to lunch outside looking the bay.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We wondered to the ferry building on Saturday afternoon and found this pearl. Line was a bit long around 20 min, but omg was it great. Oysters are so fresh bread is the best we tried in San Fran. We tried chowder and mussels and they were very good as well. Don't forget to grab outside table the view is great as well as a good spot for people watching. We did end up coming back another day because we liked it so much. On a week day the line was not there and menu was a bit different as well. The oysters were great as well.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The oysters were so delicious! The oyster stew was good and the steamers in a red sauce with chick peas, sausage and more was very good! Had to wait in line a bit but it was definately worth it!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

If I am staying in the area I tend to eat lunch here. This time it was a Saturday and with the farmers market there were a lot of people, I had to wait 20 minutes or more for a seat. The food was as usual very good, I had a market greens salad, oysters casino, which are baked with a spicy sauce, and clam chowder. I like the clam chowder here, good clams, big chunks of potato. A nice spot for lunch watching the waterfront.