“Tasty and pricey!”

Neighborhood: SoMa
Vail, Arizona
“Tasty and pricey!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived around 11:45 am for lunch and were seated immediately. The carts were passing by steadily but we did not feel rushed to make selections. All of the dishes were hot from the steamer or fryer. The only dish we had which was fried was a shrimp dish and it wasn't greasy. They tiny sliver of meat you get on the Peking duck dish though does not justify the $9 price tag for that plate!! We also ordered several items which were not on the carts and those came promptly. We enjoyed our tea and they refreshed the pot nicely along with having a selection of several teas to chose from.

• Korean first
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Delicious Dim Sum”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Well, anyone interested in eating DIMSUM check out this San Francisco treat. The dim sum was extremely fresh, plenty of choices in a very comfortable environment. The carts kept coming and you had to control yourself from over ordering because the food was so great. We were so full and satisfied that we skipped dessert. The tea is heavenly. Be prepared for a pricey lunch, but well worth it. They accept reservations and I suggest making them.

Helotes, Texas, United States
“Great Dim Sum!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We came here on a Sunday shortly after we landed in SF for vacation. The wait was about 20-30 minutes and it went by very fast. We were seated in the atrium and served drinks right away. We loved the dim sum here, only wish the same carts weren't brought around over and over. I know they have a much bigger selection than what was offered. My favorite was the BBQ pork buns and stuffed prawns. The dim sum servers can be hard to understand and they quickly run through what each dish is. Dim sum here is a little pricier than most, but good quality. Overall, I would dine here again.

Arlington, Virginia
“Dim Sum Heaven!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

It's hard to find dim sum still served from carts, much less superb dishes going beyond the standard fare. Shrimp with walnuts and honey were sensational! The dumplings, steamed buns, and fried cakes were also several cuts above those found in other Chinese restaurants. We loved it!

Visited April 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I love Dim Sum, so I was excited to eat here considering how good the reviews are. I was imagining food that would blow me away. Sadly, I had the opposite experience. Here are my complaints that I did not deduct any points for: 1) the tables are very close together, but this can be forgiven because it is San Francisco, and 2) it's 2.5 times more expensive than similar dim sum restaurants in this country. I did not take away points for this because I knew they were expensive prior to going, and if that bothered me, I shouldn't have gone.
I took away the points because of the food. People, if you think that this is your best diim sum experience, then I feel sorry for you. There are far superior places. The majority of the food was cold or tepid, when none should have been. The only thing that was hot were the steamed BBQ pork buns, and they were extremely skimpy on the filling. The dough was standard BBQ pork bun dough, extra sweetened for the American palate. The Sui Mai were probably the biggest disappointment for me. They were room temperature, right when the server put it on he table, and bland as well. I make far better ones at home. The har gow were cold too, a sin for those little pockets of shrimp deliciousness.
Another thing that was awful about the place is right when you sit down, they bombard you with multiple dishes at one time; we got 8 in less than one minute (3 people in our party). I imagine they're trying to turn over their tables quickly. Or perhaps they don't want you to notice how cold all their food is, as you would certainly notice more if they served everything one at a time. Dim sum should be consumed one or two dishes on the table at a time so everyone can savor each dish. It should not be a buffet or a chum frenzy.
Go if it makes you feel good that you went to the highest rated dim sum place in SF. If you love food, I suggest you look elsewhere.

3 Thank GH_ShrtOrDrCook