“First class Dim Sum!”

Neighborhood: SoMa
Montclair, New Jersey
“First class Dim Sum!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I grew up in one of the many Chinatown neighborhoods in the United States and ate Dim Sum regularly at several local restaurants. I have had the pleasure of having Dim Sum in San Francisco on two visits, in Chicago, Calgary, London, New York and once in Hong Kong. I've had every quality from bad to mediocre, gourmet and also authentic. While in HK, one of my colleagues took me to place that was authentic and popular with local residents. Yank Sing was equivalent in quality and taste! It was absolutely delicious and fresh. I would gladly eat there again if I lived in SF and hope I make it back someday.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
“BEST [--] Dimsum i ever had even better than the dimsum in China”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was dying to go to san francisco and go to china town and have some chinese food even though this is not in china town i was extremely happy. I WAS BLOWN AWAY of how good this tasted that we went back the second day. It wasnt crazy wait times like everyone had said and the price is not that bad i have spent worse other places in montreal. This was a must on my trip. For two people we must have tried mostly every dish on the menu. Yes some stuff was alot but the regular sumai and hargo and stuff like that was resonable. Im drooling just thinking about it and the tea delicious. Very friendly staff. we even spoke to the owner what a nice guy. The dimsum was better than the one i had in shanghai and that was AMAZING a must go!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Costa Mesa, California
“average”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

very crowded on sunday brunch, i could not figure out why........the dim sum selection was so so and the taste was average..........i have been been to better ones. overpriced i think and the pressure of trying to sell you the food. not worth the price i paid for 4 four people...$180.00

• Visited December 2013
Israel
“It used to be so much better.. ”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

For the past 6 years I return here. It reminded me always of smells and tastes from Shanghai, Hong Kong, Table.

Well, it's not bad. It's just not as good. Just that uneasy feeling of that slide down.

I won't return there.

Granite Bay, California, United States
“A Must Visit in SF”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Locals scoff at "overpaying" for Dim Sum that is "better" in Chinatown - but for me the cleanliness and location make this a far better overall dining experience.

The "Shanghais Dumpling" is one of the most delicious things I've eaten anywhere - it's their most popular item. Be careful though, with so many goodies available on the roving carts you can find yourself spending more than you want for lunch.

But if you are on vacation and you want more depth that Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square this is must stop in my book.

• Visited December 2012