“Trendy Sushi place with great Sashimi”
Review of Ozumo

Ozumo
Reserve with OpenTable
Ozumo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Mission Street
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt at the Embarcadero Center and were looking for a Sushi place nearby, since I am walking impaired. The Ozumo restaurant is nearby and so we went there. Although. It is a little pricey, we had great sashimi and sushi rolls. The waitress also recommended us a good Sauvignon Blanc to go with the fish. When you step into the restaurant, you have first a busy bar area and after that, you have the sushi bar, where we sat, and the tables around it. This area is not so busy anymore and more quiet.

There are newer reviews for Ozumo

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a business dinner and the experience could not have been better. I will eat there every time I am in SF

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived on Sunday, and had been awake for a long time. The restaurant is attached to the hotel we were staying at so we went for a drink. On a Sunday, the restaurant offers a twelve course tasting menu. We decided to try it. In the meantime, Melissa introduced us to sake. I had drunk this before but she offered us a taste of various types and we settle on Masumi.

The food arrived in stages as you would expect and it was all excellent. Don't expect to get what's on the board; you will mostly but it varies from week to week. By the time we ate our final course, a rice pudding worth travelling for, we were wondering whether to eat here again. Given we only had four nights in San Francisco, I hope it describes just how good it is.

You perhaps should not just think of this as a food destination. The atmosphere at the bar is vibrant and Melissa is a very capable mixologist. If you fancy a cocktail, try the Skinny Dip, something she invented. Based on the concept of a shandy, it has an infusion of orange blossom with hints of strawberry. I think she sees it as a summer drink but in winter, this is the perfect reminder of the summer just gone or the hope of the summer to come. This is a great place to eat and drink.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great Service and sushi - something for everyone. We have tried several other sushi restaurants in SF but Ozumo beat them all hands down.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a very picky eater and tend to be critical of restaurants. When our group decided to attend dinner, here I was skeptical.

We ate here on a Tuesday night with arrival around 7:00PM. The place was hopping. We were greeted by a hostess and asked if we had reservations which we did not. We were promptly seated and along the way we were greeted by several team members who said welcome - we must have heard this about 20 times. We were treated like we have been to this restaurant several times before.

The waiter service was fast and kept our drinks going. Food arrived in a timely manner and it was the best tasting food I have ever had. This restaurant has a large amount of Sushi along with some meat options: Filet, Spare Ribs, and Bison. I had the filet and it was very tender seasoned perfectly. The other parties in the group had spare ribs and the others had sushi. Everybody commented on how well the meal was.

I can't wait to go back.