“Scary good”

Ranked #143 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A place in old china town, atmosphere was not up to date and they seated us down stairs. They had one server who was very fast and a wall of tanks with fresh seafood! We ordered the duck with sticky buns, Mongolian beef, salt and pepper scallops, chow me in and fried rice. It was a little pricy but worth it for the fresh seafood. Definitely not what you would expect by looking at it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

One goes for the food! Ignore the wait, or call ahead for take-out. Just eat. Fresh ingredients, well prepared with tons of flavor.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Met a friend here on a busy Friday night (make reservations!). We had a few cocktails and ordered the house special beef as well at the salt and pepper crab.

The crab was really good. My only problem was I didn't realize how greasy it was going to be and I ended up getting stuff all over my pants. But that's ok. Would I eat here again? Yes. I would like to try some other items on their menu. Their cocktails are strong but really good!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

i have had great Chinese food in my day but this actually was on eof the worst i have had. Everyone told me about the fried crab but it ended up being a dripping soggy mess

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ate here about a year and a half ago and loved it. It was in mid-Dec on a Sunday night, the place was packed.... had to wait 20 min or so to get in, were seated upstairs and loved our food. Looked forward to going back on this trip, but was disappointed. Monday night, not busy, were seated immediately in the basement. By the fish tank. Not very pleasant. Had an app of chicken satay, which was extremely bland. The sauce had no flavor. I know, satay is NOT a dish of Chinese origin, but still. When we told the waiter, he just kind of blew it off. Lemon chicken: OK. I let the waiter talk me into the fried crab. I should have stayed with my instinct and ordered something I knew I liked, (like a duck dish), but I had read so much about the salt & pepper crab that I ordered it. Not something I cared for at all. Greasy and a pain to crack open to eat. From the previous reviews, I guess if you like it, this place is the place to go, but if I go back, I will stay away from the satay and crab, and order a duck dish.