“Great food and great service”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Post & Powell
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Morton's is famous for steaks and delivered on that reputation. The staff were really on the ball and even though it was busy, the service was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We walked in looking for a meal for two, asked for how many and given a table although the bar would have been adequate - but not offered.
The food started with a small loaf, warm and fresh and very nice! The food arrived in good time not too long or too quickly. However, we were under the illusion that we would only have a main course and asked what sides we would like - totally unnecessary as not required and therefore food was wasted.
The service was very good, food was satisfactory. We will not be going back.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just pleasant from the start,sweet girl at the host stand could not have been nicer! She took us to our table and pulled our chairs out to seat us,then we were greeted by Sarah our server who was so wonderful. We just had the best evening,I am a restaurant owner, and I think it is so important to give credit to such wonderful staff. I just watched how Morton's staff glided through the dining room clearing and serving in such a graceful manner, I was so impressed! Food was great! And I'm a hard sell when it comes to service! Thank you for a wonderful evening!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I made a reservation for five several weeks in advance, and pleasantly requested a nice table as I was hosting four Asian businessman that were meeting me in San Francisco. The restaurant also called my cell phone the morning of the reservation, of which I had the courtesy to call them back and confirm my reservation. We arrive, were told to go downstairs, checked in with the hostess, who proceeded to take us all the way to the back of the restaurant and seat us around 15 feet from the open kitchen where they prepare much of the food. Really, you are going to give me the absolute worst table in the place despite my request and advanced reservation? if you think I am kidding, attached is a pic of the view from our table, where we got to hear them clanking around and were a part of their food prep for the next two hours, horrific..

Not wanting to make a scene in front of my guests, we sit down and look forward to a nice dinner. These gents always take care of me when I'm in their country, so I wanted to return the favor with a special meal. To make a long story short, $830 later I felt like I could have spent half of that amount and eaten somewhere else and had a much better table, meal, and experience. Drinks (quite a few) were fine. Shrimp and crab apps, OK. Surf and turf entrees for all were average at best and certainly not worth the cost. Desserts, meh... I had not eaten at a Morton's for several years, but if this is now the norm I think I will pass on any future visits. I should have listened to the other negative reviews and dined at one of SF's local establishments. Live and learn...

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here recently whilst touring California and we should have known the place was going to be expensive as there were no prices on the advertising board outside.
Steaks are $50 each (minimum) with nothing else, they are good but the $140 bill for two mains and two drinks seemed excessive to me.
Restaurant has good atmosphere and was very busy.
Nice food but at a price