“Tasty food, great location. Fair price”
Review of Nob Hill Cafe

Nob Hill Cafe
Ranked #36 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I really enjoyed dining at this restaurant. The food was amazing and very fresh, and the prices are very good especially considering the neighbourhood the restaurant is in. It was really busy the night I dined there, which seems to be common, but it was super comfortable to sit a outside and wait with a glass of house wine (which was super cheap at $6 and most delicious). I was seated within 15 minutes, as promised, and the dinner was delightful. Fresh homemade sauces and perfectly cooked al dente pasta. Lots of homemade bread to go with the meal... I didn't have dessert as sadly I was too full, but from what I saw it looked delicious. I would definitely recommend this place, as well as dine here again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Expect a wait, even with reservations, at this sweet little restaurant practically around the corner from the Fairmont and Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill. Noisy when full, which it invariably is after 7 on most nights, the kitchen turns out SF classics (petrale, calamari steaks) as well as familiar pastas and well-turned pizzas. It's informal and totally unfussy, which makes for a nice change in a town whose restaurants, even the unfancy ones, tend take themselves a little too seriously,

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We just left your pretentious little place. After calling to confirm that you were open and that we could come in for dessert, we came in the front door and were told that dessert could only be taken as take out. If that is the case it should say so on your menu on the website. It did not AND we were told we could come in fir dessert over the phone. As I watched 2 tables of 4 leave, I asked the hostess if she still wanted to be firm on her position of not seating us at 9:15 PM for dessert only. She said yes. Well, I will make certain that we never spend our money at this place. We will also make certain all of our Nob Hill friends and relatives do not go to your restaurant. I suggest that the owners rethink the way you handled this situation. If you do not want to serve only dessert, you should be clear on your website and on the phone.

4  Thank bottleguy0529
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a convenient place for the Nob Hill tourists, which is what I am. The room is very comfy, the prices are very comfy, the service is very comfy. The food is highly serviceable. It will fill your belly without complaint, but don't come here for more than that. Nice little wine list.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visit San Francisco often as family lives there. Going out to eat can be difficult with driving and parking....and expensive! We walked to this small restaurant after reading other reviews and it was lovely! We arrived early and had pasta as our main course. The gnocchi were perfect, the pancetta in the carbonara was certainly of better quality than I can find at my local deli and the dish was cooked perfectly. The tiramisu was the best any of us had tasted. Three simple meals, 3 glasses of wine and dessert for under $100 in San Francisco...unheard of. We will be back!