“Neighborhood Gem, Great Italian Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nob Hill Cafe

Nob Hill Cafe
Ranked #41 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Davis, California
“Neighborhood Gem, Great Italian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding, quaint, homey neighborhood restaurant off the beaten path. Our Italian meals were as good as any we've had recently in Italy. Melanzane (roasted eggplant) salad was delicious & my gnocchi bolognese was fantastic! My husband's lasagne dish was equally amazing. Service is friendly & Allison, the seating hostess, is attentive, efficient, and a ball of fire. No reservations so come early if you want a table, especially on the weekend. While you're waiting, pull up a chair outside & grab a glass or bottle of wine to commune with fellow diners, cheerful locals, and assorted tourists. This is a great restaurant - check it out.

Cary, NC
“Great pizza from a quaint neighborhood Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place before going to the Cable Car Museum and had a great lunch. We both split one of their pizzas. The pizza dough is great, great, great! Overall a great spot and did I mention about the pizza?

Weston, Florida
“Cozy Neighborhood Joint in a Big City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and eat at the Nob Hill Cafe during a recent trip to SF and the expereince was first class from beginning to end. The Cafe is a small restaurant located in a quiet neighborhood of the city and, even though we were visitors, we were treated like regulars. The atomsphere was lovely and the food terriffic. My chicken parm was as good as any I had ever had in nYc, but the highlite and a must have for any visitor was the Chocolate Ganache dessert...it was one of the best treats have ever tasted. I wish I remmebered our servers name, but she was great and very friendly and contributed to the experience of the night.

The Cafe does not take reservations, but we got there around 7pm on a Friday and had a very short wait for a table. There is also outdoor seating, but it was a little too chilly for us to try that during our visit. I will definately be eating here again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mark3735
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great neighborhood place on Nob Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Cozy restaurant with neighborhood feel away from the crowds around Union Square. Had great butternut squash gnocchi and sole. Very good wines by the glass. No reservations and place filled up quickly after 6 PM. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ReyNardG
Hong Kong, China
“Like being in a movie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

By chance, I was in the neighborhood alone as I just came off a flight in search of some food. It was 2pm and I just needed something very light.
I had a vegetable soup which came in a very large bowl, extremely sumptuous, followed by the most tasty bruschetta. Hot earl grey followed. I felt very much satisfied.
The service was courteous, informal and very Italian. The restaurant was cosy and comfortable, reminiscent of what one sees in a movie with people dining casually in a small quaint eatery.
Too bad my stay is short or I will love to be back and sample something else on menu.

• Visited October 2013