“great little place, really nice service”
Review of Nob Hill Cafe

Nob Hill Cafe
Ranked #34 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed October 8, 2013

recommended by a local at our hotel. very crowded on friday night but offered to serve us some wine outside while we waited and it was great being so warm that evening. waited about 40 minutes for a table, had a great waiter i just wished i had remember to ask his name:-(

starters were a butternut soup and a roasted eggplant, feta salad, both very good. mains were pasta, one tortellini with a spicy tomato sauce and the other penne in same sauce. they were both good, i wouldn't say spectacular, but very good. it was a basic pasta so kind of hard to be outstanding. that is not to say we didn't love the restaurant, we did and i would go back in a second. had a very enjoyable evening, highly recommend.

1  Thank ob23

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We picked this from Frommer's San Francisco Day by Day and were not disappointed. Our visit was lunchtime and it was comfortably busy. The staff made a very good first impression. Menu selections are traditional Italian fare, well presented and tasty. Pizza bases are a bit on the thick side vs the real deal in Italy, but maybe cater more for local tastes. Highly recommended for a quiet lunch or dinner in this largely residential neighbourhood.

1  Thank TimandKaren3
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had to try twice before to have a diner: the first day the restaurant was closed but no message was on the door to inform the clients! (was labour day).
Nothing bad, nothing specially good.
We're there because close to the hotel and we don't have to descend/climb to have a diner.

1  Thank Guido C
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We definitely came across the curt/nearly rude host but I was prepared from previous reviews and didn't let him bother me. My gnocchi was very tasty and my wife's lasagna was nice but the servings were pretty conservative. Luckily we ate all the bread because it was so delicious. All in all now I've been there and I'll pick somewhere else to stop another time.

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The food was good, but the service was lacking. We were sat and waited 15 minutes for a server and there was only a few tables in the restaurant. After we received our food we were not checked on until drinks had been empty for at least 5 minutes. I did notice all of the servers at the restaurant were doing the same thing. I like being able to enjoy my food, but with a drink would be nice. Over all the food was good.

1  Thank Jami M