“Best brunch!”

Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Boulder, CO
“Best brunch!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Fantastic menu - everyone in my group had a different amazing omelette. Delicious food at an affordable price. This was exactly what we were looking for when staying in a hotel in Nob Hill. Will return for sure!

• Visited November 2012

“delicious gem on Nob Hill”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

What an adorable cafe! I could easily imagine that I was dining in Europe.

The food is delicious and fresh. I enjoyed melon with Prosciutto and pasta with tomatoes and basil - simple, Italian, delightful. Though the outdoor seating was taken, I was able to get an indoor table quickly - but I was lucky! It was easy to see that this is a popular cafe that draws quite a following - fellow lunch-goers were happily waiting for an open table.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating - I recommend this spot to travelers and locals alike!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank xpuctr
Durham, North Carolina
“Good local Italian place in Nob Hill”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wanting to find a little different kind of place on vacation last August, we Yelped this place and decided to give it a go. It's located off the beaten path in a nice neighborhood in Nob Hill. Parking was a bit of a challenge, and we had to walk a bit, but nothing major.

Upon entering, you'll find a cute little place that is appealing but small. We felt a little cramped at the table we were at, and as it was the main entrance, the cascade of people coming in kept walking past our table. Our waitress was very nice, explained the menu very well, and was attentive all of the time we were there.

The garlic bread was a small portion and did not stand out. It was slightly over done, but not really burnt.

For dinner, my kids had the chicken parmigiana, and I had a specialty pizza off the daily menu. My kids love this menu item and normally get this at Italian joints. They were OK with it, but felt that the taste was different and although ate it, were slightly disappointed. They described the flavor as a bit too sweet for their liking - assuming the sauce was a special one used by the restaurant.

My pizza though was very good. Very light crust (tiny bit burnt - but OK for me), nice toppings, and very flavorful.

Overall, I say it's average. If you are in the area and want a nice Italian place, go! I think you'll come out satisfied. I am not sure I would seek it out again if I were on vacation in SF though.

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Great hidden restaurant that's worth finding”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

First of all, if you're staying up on Nob Hill, you might find yourself looking for a place to eat that's not thronged by tourists and that doesn't require you to walk down the hill (and back). Or that isn't $100 per person. The Nob Hill Cafe serves freshly made Italian dishes out of a small mirrored shop that looks like it belongs in a movie. And it's steps from most Nob Hill hotels. You might not know it's there because it sits mid-block among residences with green awnings and small black tables hidden within the trees lining the street. Definitely give this place a look.

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were recommended this by the concierge of the hotel we were staying in.We went the 1st night of our stay and ended up eating there every night.Food was excellent and reasonably priced.Would definitely visit again if returning to San Francisco

• Visited October 2012