“Anniversary dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Taylor & Jones
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first choice was full so Amex recommend Fleur de Lys. Old French over the top decor. Prix Fixe menu was a surprise and we dislike that as your only choice. An average predinner cocktail. We each had a good crab salad as our starter and it was tasty but not much crab. I had a swordfish dish that was okay but again a small portion. Carmen had some very good prawns. The best dish of the night. I had duck breast that was tough. Our server was pleasant and efficient. Overall the food was not remarkable and the portions small. Sadly not a repeat.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A five star oldie in a French bordello setting, but the food is everything that one might expect from a Michelin chef. I usually try to book the best available restaurant in whatever city I am visiting, and it is always nice to find an old friend who has maintained its standards.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

First, the noise level is wonderfully low so that you can have an actual conversation with your dinner companion.
Second, the dining room has a dramatic and intimate atmosphere with a tent-like pleated fabric ceiling and mirrors on all the walls.
Next, the menu has a wide ranging selection of surf, turf, fowl, and veggie.
Fourth, the wine choices by the glass are a careful selection of local, old world, and new world.
I had the four course meal with a cheese plate instead of dessert. An alvocado and grilled watermelon salad, rye crusted salmon, beef cheeks, and finishing with a cheese plate. Perfect portions. The wine pairing began with rose champagne, then a wonderfully dry but fruity riesling, followed with a Bon Climate pinot, and finally a paring of a rivesaltes and maltocino with my cheese.
Wonderful atmosphere, attentive service, well prepared and presented food paired with thoughtfully selected wines makes for a perfect evening with my honey.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Fleur de Lys was perfect. The staff was really thoughtful and kind, from the valet, to the hostess, to the server, to the manager.

The decor is very nice, with the great drapery in the middle of the ceiling, and the placement of the tables lends it a lively, but not over-crowded, feel.

We had the menu with dessert, filet mignon, a cod and crab dish, and a crab salad with caviar. The seafood dishes were just great, a good little taste of caviar to go with everything, and a delicious bacon brioche. The filet was fork-tender and very tasty. The desserts were numerous and wonderful. We had a chocolate souffle with housemade ice cream, and a dark chocolate tartlet, and for our birthday celebration, they brought out an inscribed white chocolate with a fluffy raspberry cake, and a shot-glass full of these little crispy dark and white chocolate pellets. (The dark and white chocolate pellets were actually the best-tasting part of the whole meal!)

The wine pairing was also among the best of it. There was a Loire wine (Sancerre) to go with the crab salad, and it was light, but still tasty enough; a Vouvray to go with the fish course, and that was more flavorful, in an interesting way; a full-bodied Napa Cabernet Sauvignon to go with the filet mignon; and a fine port to go with dessert. It all tasted as if the person who put it together had actually tasted the wine, for once!

Really a perfect dinner!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was my first visit and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very attentive and service was beautifully paced. This is Michelin star quality without being stuffy or pretentious I had a five course meal and it was possibly the best meal I have ever had. I also had the honor of meeting Chef Keller and found him to be very personable and welcoming. Sadly I do not make it to San Francisco often but do go to Los Angeles and would consider making a special trip just to return