“Romantic Dinner Spot With One Michelin Starred Food”
Review of Fleur de Lys - CLOSED

Fleur de Lys
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Taylor & Jones
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant is very romantic, and not for families with small or young children under about age 14. The food is highly prepared with local, organic and free range ingredients, and is displayed artistically on the plates. A dinner here can take several hours, so make this your evening activity.

There are newer reviews for Fleur de Lys

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Really loved this restaurant. The only low point was when they served me butter that had clearly gone rancid. But...everything else was fantastic. Loved there wine list.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The over all experience was a let down.The atmosphere was pretentious, the service was invasive. The food was certainly not of a standard that warrants the hype, food rating or reputation of this category. The lobster starter was delicious but it went downhill from there. I ordered scallops ( on my plate was a scallop ) with pork belly which was mediocre at best. My venison, which was recommended as gamey, was rather tasteless. Having been told we must order dessert before our main meal, we were recommended the chocolate souffle which was bland at best, and inedible at worst. One of our guests asked if she could decide on her dessert after she finished her main meal, and she was told that she couldn't. Overall experience, terrible.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Visiting San Francisco and certainly not dressed right for this jewel but welcomed by everyone.

This is definitely a five star event!! Not cheap but worth the money in every aspect!

There was a large party going on which made for a slight problem but so much care to make it right for all of us. This is a small exquisite place so normally I am sure it is quiet loveliness

Our food consisted of three choices. You could choose four or five. Each was a flavorful work of art

This was an expensive evening worth every penny. A must go to for a very special evening

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'll be honest... I was lured in by the fact that this place is owned by a celebrity chef. I've watched Hubert on Top Chef many times and was well aware this was his establishment. I have to say, I was quite disappointed. The escargot appetizer was by far the worst dish, and trust me... I love me some snails - this was an interesting idea but failed miserably. The thai lobster dish was nice, I'll give him that. The halibut was perfectly executed, the problem was the the portion size was that of an amuse bouche. Lastly, I'd like to give you a review of my entree but I honestly can't remember.... that should tell you something, right?

The sad part was Hubert was actually at the restaurant and came to everyone's table and asked how the food was. I was so star struck, I blurted out "it was great", even though that is not what I was thinking. It was actually somewhat of a funny moment for the two of us at our table bc we had just finished the meal saying how sad we were with the food.

I will say Hubert is super personable and a nice guy, he made sure to take pictures with anyone who asked.