“Fleur de Lys”

Orange
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fleur de Lys”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We came across this place by accident and we did not have reservations and it was ok and they asked if we wanted to sit at the bar or a table and we chose the bar and loved it the food was great the bartender was from Brazil and she was wonderful and so nice and talked with us and got all the drinks that needed to go out done as well. Another couple of people came in and they sat at the bar for dinner as well and she made sure that all of us were taken care of and when we seemed to be waiting a longtime for our next course she was right on them to get it out, and they did. We really loved the food the bartender I can't remember her name, but she was from Brazil. I would go again.

Visited November 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Good vegetarian food too!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went for the tasting menu and were not disappointed. My girlfriend is a non-vegetarian and I am a vegetarian. Both of us had good options to choose from. The staff was knowledgeable about the food and wines. We had a good time there and were were happy (and full!) with the food. The desserts were awesome, especially the apple crumble. The restaurant is expensive, but worth it. I would recommend this place to the vegetarians too!

To make it all better, we say Hubert Keller there chatting with the patrons.

• Visited September 2012
Jupiter, Florida
“My "go-to" restaurant in San Francisco”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The people are so nice, I'd feel bad if I didn't go back each time I'm in San Francisco!!! The service is top notch and the food is AMAZING!!!!! If you are lucky, you'll get to meet Chef Hubert Keller, who is actually at the restaurant cooking!! (unlike most celebrity executive chefs now a days!). Its very fancy, up scale, high end cooking, but I like to go more casual and just eat at the bar. Very fun and worth every penny!!!! It is not overpriced.

• Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My all time favorite French Restaurant in America.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a fabulous dining experience a few nights ago at Fleur de Lys. I love this restaurant! Hubert Keller is creative and the ambience of the surroundings in this well appointed restaurant just sets the mood for the wonderful wine and fare you will be enjoying. This restaurant takes extreme care in the smallest of details by the servers. The butter dish will come with a line of salt crystals that you can chose to sprinkle on the trio of exceptional breads offered. The wine list is
fabulous. We were able to get 3 bottles of a 2006 Echezeaux recommended by Marcus that were exquisite. (Yes, there were 5 of us) The food was great, as always. The details by the servers did not go unnoticed by me. If a person were to go to the loo during a course, the server would cover the dish with silver dome until their return. Everyone else went for a desert, but I know better....the cheese cart here is better than at Gary Danko's or Masa's. (I ate at Gary Danko's the night before this meal and at Masa's the night after) Order the cheese plate, it comes with bread, currants, raisins and nuts and the cheeses are wonderful, I had, among others, Mimolette, Epoisse. Fabulous! Do not eat much during the day of your dining experience, you don't want to miss a morsel and the portions are ample. Can you tell? I have always had a wonderful, memorable evening dining here. This restaurant is #1 in San Francisco for me.

• Visited December 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went with a group of friends based on spectacular reviews from other diners. Dishes include strange, pretention combinations. Based on tasting various entrees round the table - only some of these succeed. The duck was good, the swordfish a disappointment. Portions are very very small. Very overpriced. Would not go back.

• Visited November 2012