“Good...but probably not as good as it thinks it is!”
Review of Fleur de Lys - CLOSED

Fleur de Lys
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Taylor & Jones
UK
“Good...but probably not as good as it thinks it is!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went with a large-ish group on business and on entering it is clear that this is a restaurant for special occasions and couples. The decor is fine if a little dated and the tables a bit too close ....we had a seperate area with thick curtains around it. The food and wine was really very good. Some of the portions seemed more suited to a doll's house than for adults but to give credit I finished the evening feeling comfortable rather than over-fed which was nice.

Overall It would be better if this restaurant was a little less pretentious.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank skoyen89

Caribbean
“Food not up to standard”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and myself went to the restaurant last night for dinner. As soon as we arrived we were seated at a table by the entrance. We both ordered the 3 course selection. My wife ordered the kobi beef which was over cooked, I mean stringy and then disguised by a reduction that was not only heavy but very old school. This was by no way innovative French. We are hugely travelled so comparisons are a reality.
Then came the desserts, chocolate soufle for me and amerretto for my wife. In both cases there was very little flavor, I do not mean subtility or delicacy of taste, but egg tasting at the start followed by little taste of incrediants indicated on menu. It seem to be be more about size than wow, a soufflé has got to be wow.
I must add a further comment I noticed in two top restaurants in SF. Huge amount of staff moving at very quick pace, creating an abnormal busy movement which hampered peaceful, calm dinning. This is distracting and worked against the ambience I am assuming the restaurant tried to create.

San Francisco
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited for my birthday and was not disappointed! I have special food requests and they were so incredibly accommodating and every dish was amazing.

The service was great - they were attentive but not suffocating.

The atmosphere was elegant, but not stuffy. It seemed a bit "older" than me, but was still very elegant.

• Visited September 2012
Crown Point, Indiana
“Everything was great”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived early, sat at the bar and had a great champagne cocktail. It was a one time splurge but had to do it. Had super delicious escargot and filet with lobster truffle mac & cheese. The service and wine pairings were superb. The meal is expensive, but if you are into food, it is absolutely worth it.

Oh, and we got to meet Chef Keller!

• Visited October 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent dinner!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had dinner at Fleur de Lys while in San Francisco for a conference. I had the four course dinner, with wine pairings. Food was excellent, the portions was well balanced, and I liked the wine. The staff was also very friendly, and the atmosphere was also very good. Fleur de Lys is defiantly on par with other Michelin one starred restaurants in the US and Europe.

• Visited September 2012