“Great beer, lousy service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 21st Amendment

21st Amendment
Ranked #173 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: SoMa
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great beer, lousy service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

21st Amendment has a great location near the ball park. Went with a couple of friends around 10pm. The place wasn't too busy, but the bartender would rather gab with friends instead of serving patrons. I think they do a great job with the beer, but could use some help with customer service.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TravelFox10

• Finnish first
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Four of us ended up here for a late lunch because another place was closed. I had the grilled chicken sandwich adorned with chipotle sauce and fresh avocado which rivaled the best chicken sandwich I've had anywhere. Kettle chips were perfect too. The strawberry lemonade was a nice and different refreshment. Judging from the name, I would image the main draw here is the beer, so I'll have to try that on my next visit.

Visited April 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Yummy Brunch & Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was my first stop off the plane. Took the Bart from SFO to Montgomery Station, then walked a bit to this place (tried to take a taxi, but they didn't want to take us-guess not worth it for them as it was just several blocks - or just a surly cabbie)... definitely worth the walk though! SAt at the bar and was glad one of my favorite dishes was the bartenders favorite as well (Huevos Rancheros)... eggs cooked perfectly (exactly as I ordered-which is rarely done), and I added fresh avocado to it as well. The manager gave us several samples of beer until we found the ones we really liked I gravitated to the "Hendricks Russian Imperial Stout", rich, smokey flavor and my friends gravitated to the IPA's-their favorite: "Dubstep" and "Bike Lane Hopper". The bartender and manager were both super friendly and helpful in our decisions. The ladies that gave us our menus were just as helpful.. as one took a seat next to me at the bar as we reviewed the menu and explained some of their specialities. As we were celebrating a friend's 50th birthday on this trip, the bartender comped him a beer as well.. that was just very nice. Every one enjoyed the food and the brews.

• Visited March 2014
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Go For Beer, Skip the Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is probably a 5-star place to get a 21st Amendment beer on tap before or after a Giants game at AT&T Park. But because I went for food in addition to beer and baseball season is over, have to downgrade. Food is really two star quality, and one star for the price.

I had the short ribs. Even bad short ribs are good, but these were profoundly underseasoned, as was the risotto it sat on. The sauce was of indeterminate culinary origin. Portions were ample, but more of blah food not a positive. My friend had the fish and chips, which I thought was better, but also underseasoned.

The menu itself is a mess. Jerk chicken, Cuban sandwich, ribs were all recommended to us. The soy chicken bahn mi was not recommended, but the fact that it was on the menu at all reinforces the sense of confusion.

The beer and the friendly staff were the only redeeming qualities of this dinner. I would go back for a beer, though, any time.

Visited December 2013
United States
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We met friends there for a Sunday lunch and beer. I have always lked 21st Amendment beers at home, so I was excited to visit the brew pub. I was underwhelmed. They had very few beers on tap. Not even their widely popular Back in Black. And the only stouts or porters they had were 9.5% ABV and up. I'm not looking for a quick drunk, rather for a tasty beer. They hyped their bloody Mary on the menu, so I tried one of these since the beer choice was lacking. Spew! Easily the worst bloody Mary I've ever had. Honestly, V8 and vodka has a lot more flavor. I thnk this was watered down tomato juice, vodka and a pickle. The food was mediocre. Not bad, but nothing to brag about either. Overall forgettable.

• Visited February 2014