“Underwhelmed at Tommy Toy's”
Review of Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine - CLOSED

Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: Montgomery Street Muni/Bart Station. The nearby California St. cable car line and the Sacramento, Sansome, and Kearny Street Muni bus service are also available.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I took a few physicians out to dinner on 1/24/13 and found TT's to be nice, but not terrific. Service was quite poor and had to track down our waiter many times. He was delightful and nice, just absent. Food was good, but not great by any means. Seems that TT's might be living on tourist reputation and slipped a bit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful find, can see why it has been rated so highly by other guests.
When you first enter the restaurant, there is a warm welcome from the staff, the decor is tastefully done authentic oriental style, lovely ambience. The quality, presentation and menu selection doesn't disappoint catering for all tastes. Staff are so professional and seem genuinely enthused about their work. Some previous reviews have mentioned that it is a little pricey, I would not agree, you always get what you pay for and this was true here, pay more and get quality cuisine. Will certainly recommend to friends.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

What a meal! I had been in Tommy Toy's many years ago and was not sure it had maintained itself, but do not worry it is as good as ever! We just loved the tasting course and service was superb. If you order the soup just be aware that it is really hot and I do not mean spicy but scoldingly hot. Other than that, the food was amazing and service just excellent. We actually would have loved to go back but just did not have the time.
Tommy Toy's is a must for San Francisco visitors and really very well priced!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was raised in San Francisco and have been to many Chinese restaurants over 60 years. Tommy Toy's epitomizes what a dining experience should be: delicious well presented dishes, impeccable, unobtrusive, informative staff and quiet, elegant ambience. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or for business. However, my husband I took Bart into SF from the peninsula for a special treat lunch. What a lovely experience. We thoroughly enjoyed appetizers of minced squab and calamari; tastings of lemon chicken, wok seared beef, succulent gingered flounder and vegetarian rice; peach mousse dessert with raspberry coulis for under $25 per person. This was the December Executive Luncheon special offering. Being a San Franciscan and having traveled extensively this is a reasonably priced gem of an Asian restaurant situated in the middle of the financial district within walking distance of Chinatown, downtown and the Embarcadero. The quiet elegant atmosphere lends itself to a romantic meal, a business meal or to virtually any occasion.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was here with my extended family over Thanksgiving weekend. The service was prompt and the menu was little different than I am used to. I had the vanilla shrimp, it was about $25 for about 2 slices of honey dew with 8 medium-sized shrimp plus an extra $5 for a small bowl of fried rice. I could get a similar dish for 1/2 the price at PF Changs (which we all know is also nothing special).

My other family members enjoyed their dishes but thought that the price wasn't worth it.