“Unique Unforgettable Dining Experience!”
Review of Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine - CLOSED

Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Washington Street
Transit: Montgomery Street Muni/Bart Station. The nearby California St. cable car line and the Sacramento, Sansome, and Kearny Street Muni bus service are also available.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Definitely worth the higher-end cost. The restaurant is elegantly decorated and the food amazing. The synchronized service and personalities of the servers make the whole dining experience unique, unforgettable and fun. I will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Tommy Toy was the chef who introduced French Asian Fusion to the San Francisco area about 30 years ago. His restaurant is beautiful in the financial district and has a wonderful fusion menu with elegant items. I suggest the tasting menu because it is just a perfect meal for show and for your palette. The restaurant has beautiful Asian antiques and looks more like GUMPs and nothing like a traditional Chinese restaurant. This is suitable for a romantic date but also great to take clients. It is dimly lit and the service is impeccable. It has a little more elegant feel so it is not suitable for a rowdy loud crowd.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a large group and we were served one of their pre-set menus with lobster, duck, dumplings, beef, shrimp, and more. We walked into the room with candelabras and beautiful settings. Everything was tasty and the serving crew did an amazing job. It was a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The restaurant was very accommodating as we were dining late... food, service and ambiance was perfect ! Will definitely return when next in SFO !!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I think the lesson I re-learned by going here is that it can be a mistake to visit a Chinese restaurant that is "over the top" fancy and also expect great food.

The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated though old fashioned (dark restaurant, dark woods - my guest couldn't read her menue) and the wait staff was very friendly. Service was slow for the number of people dining when we were there but I think perhaps they were anxious not to rush us.

The real disappointment was with the food. Our spring rolls were fine, as were the fried dumplings, but the fried rice was quite unappetizing as was the chicken with peapods served with it as our entree. As I joked with my guest, even the soy sauce was so fancy that it didn't taste good. We definitely won't be back here. My advice is to visit a smaller neighborhood restaurant and you surely will get much better food as well as a much better value for your dining dollars.