“nice atmosphere and good food”
Review of Bix

Bix
Reserve with OpenTable
Bix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Soups, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson & Pacific
Transit: Muni bus: #41 Union
Chicago, Illinois
“nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The duck main course was great, wine prices were reasonable and a good selection and overall we had a great experience. The lobster spaghetti was also very nice. The live jazz is a wonderful touch.

Visited December 2013

Ivrea, Italy
“Cosy !”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, gr8 food, excellent but short wine list. Ate a great fresh well cooked Branzino. Not sure about price since was a guest. Good and tasty appetizers.

• Visited December 2013
Boston
“Classy look with fast food service”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Table of 10. Drinks delivered with a pour into the glass table side. No comments as they all poured just a shake pour much practiced flip of wrist to stop the pour and done. No engaging with group just are you ready to order. Never capturing the group. Apps arrived to be shared they were unique and good but again service was bring it out and move on. FYI not a full house. Never was asked if ok. Water replenishment was fine. Maitre De was assisting the table. He should have stayed at the front desk. We were placed ext to the kitchen door. Became flying out dropping wine glasses to the floor. Two pieces of glass flew into my hair. Immediately he challenged me saying it didn't hit me ... Until I pulled the chards out of my hair and gave them too him. I was also concerned if lass went into my plate (empty or bread) he oh you did have glass.... The nothing!!!??????? The same hurried service by the waiter and just about done itch meal. The maitrede comes over and says I have done this for years and ave never dropped a glass. Really? This is about you????? Not the dessert is on me or I bout you a drink or I comped the first bottle of wine. After a very large bill we left. But, I did grab the waiters ear and said tell your maitrede he is classless. We were traveling on business and our company comes to SF often. I will make sure this gets around. Never had such a poor experience by one person. How foolish on his behalf. Accidents open but, he could have changed this experience by not making it about him. Won't go back to many other places to eat.

• Visited December 2013
Los Gatos, California
“Great Atomsphere and Wonderful Service”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It has been a couple of years since we dined at Bix. What were we thinking? We were in San Francisco for an afternoon play at ACT. No dinner plans and on a suggestion from my wife we called Bix to see if they had a table available that evening.

As soon as we walked in we were warmly greeted by the host and hostess. Very nice table in the lower dining area. All of the warmth that just exudes from this place is amazing. I felt like we were sitting in a movie set of a classy super club from the 30's or 40's.

Our waiter was very good. He offered some suggestions that turned out to be very good. Nicely prepared cocktails followed by a couple of appetizers and then entrees of a fish dish for my wife and the chicken hash for myself.

Just a wonderful dining experience. We will be back soon.

• Visited November 2013
New York
“hidden restaurant worth the visit”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visited Bix restaurant on a saturday night with some friends. Very good Italian restaurant located in an alley; probably would have been hard to find without my phone.

Restaurant had great music and a HUGE bar. Food was delicious and our waiter was very attentive. The only negative was that it was really loud in the restaurant, so it was difficult to hold conversations.

Would definitely recommend the lobster spaghetti, the steak tartar and the truffle cheeseburger!

• Visited November 2013