“Friday lunch is a must go, dinners are great too”
Review of Bix

Bix
Reserve with OpenTable
Bix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson & Pacific
Transit: Muni bus: #41 Union
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We work only a few blocks away from Bix and it has been our tradition to go to Bix for lunch on Fridays since they are only open for lunch on Fridays! If you call ahead, they usually always have spots.

Almost without fail, at least half of us will order their delicious Bix Burger. You can choose to add avocados, bacon and choice of cheese. It also comes with a side of fries and their special bone marrow sauce, which is a must spread on the bread! I like to order it rare to med rare and it comes juicy and succulent every time!

For $18, the meal is a steal!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

So many good reviews and I can't find one thing I like about this place. I asked for balsamic vinaigrette and I think they just reached under the sink for the jug of white vineger. It was inedible. The maitre d said he did not appreciate my comments. Even the Caesar salad had vinegar in it. I looked it up and Caesar dressing does not have vinegar in it. Its not their fault but it was indian summer and of course there's no air conditioning. We're waiting for dessert. Cross your fingers. Oh did I mention it was my anniversay?

1  Thank trishydtx
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had dinner here after a recommendation from our hotel and were very pleased we took it up. We had to wait at the bar for our table but that wasn't a drag as it's a nice spot to sit and have a drink and watch the room. There was a pianist playing which was nice but not too obtrusive. I had a really great ceviche starter and overall we all enjoyed the food. Service was friendly but not over attentive.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a group of 10 for dinner, was a late reservation as to avoid the rush times, service was slow for the entire night, but the food made up for this, great seafood and the hamburger with truffle fries is a must..

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived at 7.02pm for our 7pm table. It was not ready and continued to be 'not ready' until 7.35pm. Is this how you run a business? Our table that was unavailable to us had paid their bill but had not been told that the next diners were waiting. The manager seemed harassed, not surprised. We eventually sat and ordered our dinner. We all had the veal chop which was excellent. The situation was partially redeemed by very good service from our waiter and a glass of champagne. However the evening was soured by the fact we were not given our timed table. This seems to be fairly common in the States. I do not think it so prevalent in the UK where I live. Shame as the food was very enjoyable.