“Brilliant venue”
Review of Bix

Bix
Reserve with OpenTable
Bix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson & Pacific
Transit: Muni bus: #41 Union
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The atmospher was great the food was brilliant the waiter was very good and attentive. The pianist was excellent and very entertaining playing requestes when asked. It is not cheap but it is worth the money.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to Bix to celebrate four upcoming birthdays. It is a beautiful supper club that is reminiscent of the jazz age. That being said the food is very average and nothing to write home about. If you chose to go here, I would recommend sticking to the small appetizer plates. All of the main courses were eh!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a very nice time at Bix with my other half. We made a reservation but still had to wait for a bit. Service was also a bit frosty when waiting for drinks at the bar. But when at our table it all improved. We had a nice table upstairs. Wine was excellent. Starter was lovely. Main was ok. Dessert was out of this world! Enjoyed the tinkling piano jazz. It was a touch overpriced but I would be more than happy to go again. A solid 4 out 5 restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is one of the wonderful, hidden gems of the San Francisco restaurant scene. The decor reminds me of some of the great "Rat Pack" movies of the 60's. It has an excellent bar with dark wood and liveried bartenders, who make outstanding liquid libations. I had the "Sidecar" to start and it was perfectly prepared.

I love the upstairs balcony dining area with a view of the lower level and the music stage/area. The night we were there, the evening's entertainment (no cover) started with jazz piano and transitioned to jazz piano and vocalist. The singer was excellent and the volume did not prevent our business dinner conversation.

Our server for the evening did a nice job of explaining the menu items and even made a couple of recommendations for members of our party.

From the menu, I had:

Deviled Eggs with Truffles & Radish, 6 Oysters on the Half-Shell and the Ceviche. For the main course, I chose the California White Sea Bass with Mussels, Saffron Aioli and Olive Oil Croutons. All of them were well prepared, fresh and superb in taste.

I loved the atmosphere, service and food. It is an easy walk from almost anywhere and is hidden on a side street off the main streets.

Go ahead and discover it yourself!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was welcoming as was the busy bar and dining room. A jazz combo played wonderfully and it was a fun atmosphere. A person at a nearby table got a little loud for a brief time, but overall, it was a memorable evening. I would definitely recommend this place for someone looking for outstanding food and beverages in an upbeat,fun environment.

1  Thank FRHolmes1