“These snobs do not deserve your $$$$”
Review of Bix

Bix
Reserve with OpenTable
Bix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 5,777 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson & Pacific
Transit: Muni bus: #41 Union
Reviewed May 28, 2013

From the second we hit the door we knew it was a mistake. Let's just call her "the coat girl"....The rudest , and most insignificant employee in the place , set the tone for the rest of our visit. The bartendar was cool ( not in a goid way), the drinks Ok, but it did mot matter by rhe time we got them. The flavor of the food was good but seriously, did they get the 1" X1" tator tots, and miniscule sliders out of a chapter of "Stuart Little"? . In some cases less is more, but come on. The restaurant is beautiful , but you hardly notice when your blood is bubbling up into your eyes. To hat girl I say "Suck it" , which is probably exactly what she would have expected.

1  Thank Leprechauna
There are newer reviews for Bix

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one week in San Francisco, local friends from San Fran recommend us to visit bix, so we did, we reserved a seating for 9pm and arrived one hour earlier wanting to have dinner sooner but everything was fully booked, so were told to wait, the First Lady was not welcoming at all, but the second person in charge I guess seat us at the bar and we have nice drinks for an hour just because the atmosphere was great, the bartender service not so good, no drinks recommendations at all, we were informed the table was ready at 9pm, the service during dinner was ok, I had the duck, the meat was cooked ok nothing spectacular and I tried in other restaurants but the sides and sauce really good, my husband had the chicken and it was good, dessert delicious , what I like the most is the concept of the place and music, we wish we went for the jaz night. For the service I expected more! But in general we had a wonderful night since we are very easy to pleased. I do recommend it to give it a try!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a great place to socialize with a group of friends over wine & live music. The atmosphere is great and so are the drinks. Food tends to be average.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter booked this restaurant as we would be in San Francisco after our holiday in Hawaii. My sister joined as a surprise. The ambiance of this restaurant was fantastic. The jazz band were great although the bass player looked as though he could have done with a smaller jacket. The service was great and the food excellent. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

it's a magical spot, from the alley way, the bar, overall presence of the interior. drinks at the bar on a Thursday is always fun

1  Thank barbco1234