“Lively restaurant with terrific seafood”
Review of Tadich Grill

Tadich Grill
Ranked #23 of 5,769 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We recently ended up at Tadich Grill as a spur of the moment dinner choice, knowing nothing about the place except that we spotted it while walking to our hotel and noticed there was already a line at 5:00 pm.. What a pleasant surprise this was! This is a family owned restaurant that has stayed in the family for multiple generations. It is run the way they used to - old school, white coated waiters with great humor, extremely busy and energetic, tight in space but full of life.

The clientele appeared to be all people from the neighborhood - in fact, some of the singles eating at the bar looked like they had seats that they use weekly, if not more often. The bartenders were great - fast with a pour and a laugh. Not much space to wait in ... Friday night, at least, come expecting to be crammed into a square foot of breathing room for an hour or so, as they do not take reservations. But everyone was in a great mood and it is easy to make new friends to chat with when you are shoulder to shoulder and having drinks.

The food was really good. We particularly enjoyed the cioppino – the best we’ve ever had. Our wine was great and the food came out quickly. We never felt any pressure to rush, even though there was still a substantial group of people waiting to get a table when we left.

If you are feeling like some great seafood in a lively environment, this is a great choice. We will be sure to stop back in next time we are in town.

There are newer reviews for Tadich Grill

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stopped by at Tadich to grab a late lunch at around 2:30 PM. We were seated in a coveted booth, right away.

Immediately, waited on by the coolest waiter, and now in the coolest booth. With the coolest group of family. Lentil soup, clam chowder to start, followed by Chilean sea bass! Corned beef hash! And the Pork special.

Our initial waiter went on a break, and never missed a beat on the service. Then we met Jan and Marion, two even cooler waiters. Turns out both speak Czech, which was great because two of our group only spoke Czech. It was like old home week.

First the food was amazing, and the service was equal to the food. That rates it the best in my book.

Add the conversation with Jan and Marion, and you have a total plus.

Then toss in the dessert, the bread pudding and you have topped off an experience.

If your reading this then your thinking of going, and your in San Francisco, so don't miss this Gem of a restaurant with its amazing Food, Service, History, and Friendly spirit, or you will have missed an amazing experience.

1  Thank AARDVARKKILLER
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Dont miss guys! Great food, best service, fast, big menu, every thing you looking for is available! Try the squid steak! It worth each cent! Not expensive at all!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Long time user first time reviewer. Don't miss this place. No bookings but fast service and can wait at bar. Service outstanding and food impeccable.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

someone I met on dinner the night before, told me to pay a visit to this joint as it is awesome and told me to come early to avoid lunch crowd. I took his advice and oh boy...awesome is an understatement.
Sat on the bar, told the waiter to bring me his favorite dish. He brought me chowder as an appetiser and today's special crab cake with salmon aioli and a glass of champers. I was in heaven especially when he brought me an endless sourdough bread! This place isn't cheap but i'd rather eat here than to update my shoes collection any day! When I finished I turned around and there were at least 5 people eyeing my seat and hoping I won't be ordering dessert, which I didn't.