“Old School Perfection”

Neighborhood: Financial District
Denver
“Old School Perfection”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great place for a weeknight dinner. If you don't have reservations, the long, long bar is first come, first served. The waiters watch out to make sure that rule is enforced. This place knows how to cook fish. It's fun to watch and enjoyable to eat.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Palm Springs, California, United States
“The oldest restaurant is still doing it right”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Tadich Grill has been in operation since 1849 and this place does great seafood. I have eaten here before and a recent lunch was as good as I remembered. There is a long counter that is perfect for a single guest or more hungry folks to sit at. On my recent visit I had a Boston clam chowder that was chalked with lots of clams and potatoes in a rich, smooth soup. Perfect on a cool SF day. Followed by a small mixed seafood salad with a house Louie dressing. The small size salad had a large assortment of large and bay shrimp, and crab, all fresh, and more than enough for lunch and along with some terrific sour dough bread made for a great late lunch. This place knows how to do seafood that does not disappoint.

Visited October 2013
Surrey, UK
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Visited here on a Sunday night and it was rammed! We timed it badly and entered on the heels of three other couples, nevertheless we were seated after approximately 30 minutes of some excellent cocktails at the bar. My girlfriend had been before and enjoyed the cioppino, so I had that and she had the seafood curry.

We were given some excellent sourdough first and a ordered some reasonably priced wine. When our food arrived it really was excellent and lived up to the expectation my girlfriend had set. There was loads of it and we were extremely content (stuffed full) afterwards.

Really, really glad that this place doesn't accept reservations, as this would ruin the experience and shut it off to most diners unable to plan weeks and months ahead. Great atmosphere and history behind the place, and the staff were excellent. Would definitely return in future.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Timeless Elegance”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

There is something ageless and timeless about the food and the servers in The Tadich which I'd recommend that everyone should try at least once on a trip to San Francisco. Nothing too fancy, nothing too grand just a great place with really decent food. Enjoy, we did and go back every trip

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MrsMcCallum
“Fantastic Cioppino”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

As you've probably read from everyone, the cioppino is absolutely fantastic here. The atmosphere is great and most of the time the servers are wonderful. I get out to San Francisco once a month and this is usually one of my must haves while I'm there. The cioppino portions are gigantic. I will say that 1 out of 5 times I get the server that is just grumpy or doesn't want to be the but most of the time it's great.

Visited September 2013