“Excellent Old School Restaurant”
Review of Tadich Grill

Tadich Grill
Ranked #67 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to pay a visit to Tadich Grill for lunch during our recent visit to San Francisco.

After a hair raising cab ride down California Street (Almost got airborne!) we were able to secure a table without waiting.

After an excellent Bloody Mary we shared oysters, calamari, manila clams in garlic butter and sauteed dungeness crab legs. It was far too much food but excellent quality.

Our server was very proffesional and friendly and I thought the bill was very reasonable.

Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Chililover
Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good food, good service. A bit pricey and quite noisy but worth it. They do not take reservations for dinner so expect a wait of 30 minutes to an hour. This is one of the oldest restaurants in San Francisco and a must visit - at least once. Mainly seafood but other choices available.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you're staying in the Financial District, take a stroll over to Tadich Grill and have lunch. The food and service are excellent. Kinda pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very attentive waiters and great atmosphere. I had the Chilean sea bass cooked so delicately it melted in my mouth. my husband had branzino, a whole fish, also cooked to perfection. For desert bourbon bread pudding. All excellent. My only beef was it seems like all chefs are putting garlic on broccoli, greenbeans and any vegetable they can get their hands on. I am not a garlic fan and like my vegetables to taste like vegetables. Enough of my soapbox. The restaurant was excellent. Next time I will sub a salad for veggies.

1  Thank ScottsdaleSchnoodle
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I grew up in San Francisco and when I go home I go to Tadich's. It's a fun, bustling atmosphere. I can't say it's the best seafood you'll ever taste but if you keep it simple (grilled fish, nothing with a lot of sauce), you won't be disappointed. It is just great atmosphere, old-time San Francisco. Been there forever. Best sourdough bread. Great martinis. I love this place.