“Every dish was cold”
Review of Town Hall

Town Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Town Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #583 of 5,823 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Fremont St.
Transit: Muni & BART: Embarcadero station; Muni: 1 California @ Howard, 14 Mission @ Fremont
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Came for a business lunch and was seated at a quiet (some what) table .Our party of three ordered the pork taco appts while we looked over the menu. The two orders of taco arrived 30 minutes later and the were stone cold and sitting on a bed of chilled greens. The taco shells tasted like they were fried hours ahead of time, the pork filling was nonexistent and the whole plate felt like it came straight out of the refrigerator.
Next course was seafood chowder at least it was slightly warm and had some pieces of seafood.
For the main course I ordered the short ribs with a fired farm egg topper and kim chi.
No surprise again it was cold the meat was dry with no sauce and it was piled on a mound of cold starch that I could use for repairing dents in my car as filler. Poorly done and sad.

1  Thank ken T

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The atmosphere was nice, it was hard to have a conversation over all the noise but we had the best waiter one could ask for. Our host and hostess told us what was highly rated but I think it was just over rated. We should have gone from the pimento cheese straight to the dessert. I am not sure what veggie mixture my duck was laying on but I could have been happy with just that. My duck was dry and I was disappointed with it. When it came time for dessert the others decided on some kind of chocolate and butterscotch dish which they enjoyed. To have traveled this far for dinner all I can say is I was disappointed other than our friendly entertaining waiter.

1  Thank JVerschoyle
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Anyplace that serves bacon gravy on mashed potatoes gets points in my book! We had a really nice dinner with friends who have been here many times. They recommended the fried chicken which is apparently injected with butter (another favorite) and spices before being coated and fried. It was delicious and way too much food! One of our friends had the ribs which was a giant tower that reminded me of the Flintstones! We ended with a Butterscotch pot de' creme that was to die for with some kind of dark chocolate bark. YUM! Not the healthiest meal we had all week but tasty! Very friendly service and atmosphere as well...

1  Thank Dana N
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This restaurant was again a pleasure. The food, wine and service were all quite good. The only drawback in my opinion was the high level of noise. For some this is a problem and others it does not bother. The waiter was knowledgeable and very helpful with the wines. The by the glass selections had some interesting choices in addition to the old standard type selections The food has a little of a New Orleans style influence which I found interesting and enjoyable. It is fairly pricey but worth it in my opinion. Reservations are strongly recommended

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends who live in San Fran and love it. We had a ton of appetizers all were delicious. The entrees were mixed bag. I wouldn't get the steak. - lots of fat and tough. Hubby loved the friend chix. I would stick with veal meatballs, shrimp appetizer and ham platter! Yum.