“Average to Good”
Review of Town Hall

Town Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Town Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Fremont St.
Transit: Muni & BART: Embarcadero station; Muni: 1 California @ Howard, 14 Mission @ Fremont
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The food was good with the apetizer being very good. The service was slow. The fish sauce was a little too watery for me which took away from the flavor of the overall dish. The dessert was good. Lots of mid career professionals and a few tourists. Overall a decent experience and worth another shot.

1  Thank Zoomer2You

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The food was really excellent. I had the stake which was outstanding. All in the table really loved the food in a nice atmosphere. The only thing for improving was the service, having said that, I would comeback. The food was excellent and I knew that they were really full such night

Reviewed November 19, 2012

the restaurant is very different inside--loved the architecture. I had the mahi mahi which was more apples than fish. My husband had the rabbit stew, which he said was excellent. The service was slow, and our food was lukewarm. the pumpkin bread pudding was outstanding

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my third visit to Town Hall but my first time upstairs in the private dining space. The food was as delicious as I remembered from the past. As a large group, our meal was selected in advance and the selections were amazing. My fish was flaky and not overcooked. I would strongly suggest the bourban bread pudding.

When dining downstairs in the restaurant, keep this in mind:
1. It's a loud place, lots of people, lots of talking. Probably not the best choice for an intimate dinner for two.
2. Make a reservation!
3. The space around the bar is very tight and crowded.which makes it difficult to hang out there waiting for your table, unless you are lucky enough to get a seat.

When eating with a group, this is the perfect place.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a great find! In fairness, we came for a private party. But the experience captured our fancy and we'll be back.

The bar and main dining room have a great ambience - lots of space, hustle and bustle, but adequate to hear conversations. Our menu was fixed with favorites being the Andouille Sausage Gumbo and Halibut. We did take a look at the actual dinner menu and surprised at the reasonable prices.

Have fun, great restaurant!