“Who am I to argue”
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5,834 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This restaurant is rated number 1 in San Francisco, and I can't dispute that. Only been here once, but I will be back. I had the lamb chops, and they were perfect. Also has an impressive wine list, Service was perfect, and the ambiance is great. Only complaint is it can be a little loud.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant since opening day 45 times over the last 16 years. We have never had a bad meal here, the food only improves (if it's possible to improve on perfection). This evening we started with a beautifully presented heirloom tomatoe salad. Our entry was the Lamb Skewers with potatoes and the famous yogurt dill sauce. Desert was Baklava Ice cream with Baklava syrup , no words can describe how good this is! Advance reservations highly recommended !

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Everytime we go to San Francisco, Kookari is a must. The food is outstanding, the service is great and the decor is magnificent
Try the dolmades, tzatziki, pita bread, zuchiini fritters, mousaka, fresh fish, lamb chops, kookari potatoes, and the list goes on
I had to buy their cookbook so I can bring home their flavor
This restaurant is a must in SF

2  Thank Jacobpaula
Reviewed July 8, 2014

So glad my friends and I were able to get in to dine at Kokkari without a reservation. We really enjoyed our dining experience and our waiter was most attentive. We started out with a an order of the Zucchini Cakes - with cucumber & mint yogurt dressing - $10.75. They were crisp, not oily, but not a big hit with the men. We also shared a hummus plate which was good. I had the Lamb Souvlaki - marinated lamb skewered with tomato, onion, bay leaf with chickpea salad, tzatziki & pita - $20 and shared with the table. The lamb was tender, nicely prepared and enjoyed by all.
Kokkari was booming with business, and we all enjoyed the inviting fireplace. It was roaring and made for a very comfortable dining experience. I appreciated the hand-made pottery and freshly picked flowers on the tables. This was one of the finer Greek dining experiences I have had, and will return to Kokkari the next time I am in San Francisco.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Previous reviewers mentioned that this was predominantly an 'A-Lister' restaurant and now I know what they meant. First, the food was fine, no plate disappointed, I had sliced lamb from the fireplace rotisserie and my spouse had the lamb kebob dinner. Both were tasty when paired with some everyday greek wine from the list. The salads and apps were fine also. The dining room was loud but comfortable. We went to dinner there for our 25th anniversary dinner having flown into SFO for a few days for the occasion. I had mentioned in the online reservation that it was our 25th but honestly I wasn't looking for anything more than a verbal acknowledgment or congratulation to heighten the experience a wee bit. This restaurant is just down the street from the pyramid in the financial center and it was full of Armani suits and briefcases. It was quickly clear from the clientele and behavior of the waitstaff that this restaurant was all about power dinners and business accounts. If you are setting up a business dinner and want to impress a client, this is the place, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a moderately romantic place to share a special occasion, this is not the place. I had forgotten about my mention of the day being our anniversary on the reservation, until after the waiter (Jeff) presented the final bill with my credit card, and a we were getting up. His parting words were: "Oh and by the way, happy anniversary'. So I got the anniversary acknowledgement I was seeking, but it was more final punctuation of a soul-less experience than an addition to the festivity. We dined at Chez Panisse the following night and the experience was night and day, if you are looking for an extraordinary meal with pleasant, attentive, and thoughtful personal service, go there.

2  Thank botanybeach