“Exceptional Service and Food”
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Service and Food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 4.30pm to book a table for later that evening. We were told they were fully booked but the staff went the extra mile to accommodate us. They said we could have an appetizer at the bar and if a cancellation came up we would move to a table. If not we could have a main meal at the bar. We got a cancellation and had a fantastic meal. The recommendations made by our waiter were spot on. We shared a mousakka and a lamb souvlaki which were great. The service and food are first class and this restaurant well deserves it's top rating.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angelos
“Great Place”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I came here for a business meeting and it was my first time here. The food was great and will come back. The meat was tender and drinks were great. For some reason, it seemed like a hangout for older woman looking for a catch. Besides that, great restaurant and I would recommend the lamb..

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Almost excellent based on a single visit”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went out of my way to find this restaurant, seeing as it was the highest rated on TripAdvisor for San Francisco (in May 2013). For the most part, it didn't disappoint.

Despite the somewhat formal appearance of the restaurant, the staff were relaxed and friendly. My waiter was attentive and conversational, and made some good recommendations for me.

I went for red wine (they have a large selection of wines) and the grilled octopus for a starter, and both were superb.

Now comes the only caveat - my mains, the aromatic braised lamb shank was very good but had a bit too much salt. A minor error that, had it been avoided, would have elevated the whole meal. The baklava dessert was also very good.

I would definitely revisit Kokkari if I find myself in San Francisco again. It's not cheap but it is reasonable for what you get.

• Visited May 2013
hong kong
“Delicious! Make sure you make a reservation.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The food we ordered was delicious and left us wanting more! Very pleasant atmosphere. Having had authentic Greek food on the island of Santorini we were more than impressed with this restaurant which was recommended by a local working in a kitchen shop in San Francisco. He did us a favour and I would recommend it to anyone. Too bad our waiter was so aloof.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I loved the ambiance of Kokkari. The decor was beautiful with comfortable chairs. I ordered the filet of sole fish entree, and my boyfriend ordered the goat stew which we both enjoyed. The waitress and overall service was top notch. For dessert, we ordered baklava and ice cream and sprinkled cinnamon on top - delicious.

Visited November 2013