“Great Greek food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Front St.
“Great Greek food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Went their with 5 friends on a recommendation of a friend. We had no reservations and the place was totally booked. The hostess was able to fit us in. I was very excited right away when I saw 2 whole lambs cooking in an open fire in a fireplace. The restaurant is beautiful, and the food was great. Max was our server and he was excellent. His knowledge of the menu was very helpful. Would definitely go back.

1 Thank Gregtrian

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, NV
“Best Meal EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I live in LV and have eaten at many fine dining establishments. I will say that without a doubt, this was the best meal I have had in a very long time. Service was spot on. The wine list was nice with reasonable prices. Our reservation was at 6:30 and we were sat at 6:30. No wait and it was a full Friday night.

My husband and I had the grilled octopus and souvlaki for appetizers. Delish. The server recommended the lamb chops which were insane! The best I have ever had the privilege of eating. My husbands meal (don't remember what it was called) was also wonderful. After working in a few restaurants in my day, I could see the comraderie among the workers and it was great to see actual teamwork. Can't wait to return.

“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

As a world traveler, i can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants out there. The food is literally perfect. The prices are a little high, but totally worth it

1 Thank lilyjoearmstrong_
Houston, Tx
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not miss this place! It's incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the best food we had on our trip to San Francisco. The service was excellent and the food was mouthwatering.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Great for a business lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our office had a company lunch at Kokkari. Since there were 15 of us, our lunch was selected for us. However, everything that was served was delicious. The food was served family style where the wait staff place the items on our place in reasonable portions. Only the side items were in the middle of the table for sharing. My absolute favorite item on my plate was the zucchini cakes. I actually asked for seconds on that item. I felt my chicken was a little over roasted but the fish was amazing. Be fore warned though, they do serve their fish with the center bone when it is a filet cut. My other favorite item was the pistachio ice cream. Honestly, if I were to return, I think I'd be inclined to just order appetizers and dessert! They were that good.

• Visited November 2012