“Best Meal EVER!”
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I live in LV and have eaten at many fine dining establishments. I will say that without a doubt, this was the best meal I have had in a very long time. Service was spot on. The wine list was nice with reasonable prices. Our reservation was at 6:30 and we were sat at 6:30. No wait and it was a full Friday night.

My husband and I had the grilled octopus and souvlaki for appetizers. Delish. The server recommended the lamb chops which were insane! The best I have ever had the privilege of eating. My husbands meal (don't remember what it was called) was also wonderful. After working in a few restaurants in my day, I could see the comraderie among the workers and it was great to see actual teamwork. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

As a world traveler, i can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants out there. The food is literally perfect. The prices are a little high, but totally worth it

1  Thank lilyjoearmstrong_
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the best food we had on our trip to San Francisco. The service was excellent and the food was mouthwatering.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our office had a company lunch at Kokkari. Since there were 15 of us, our lunch was selected for us. However, everything that was served was delicious. The food was served family style where the wait staff place the items on our place in reasonable portions. Only the side items were in the middle of the table for sharing. My absolute favorite item on my plate was the zucchini cakes. I actually asked for seconds on that item. I felt my chicken was a little over roasted but the fish was amazing. Be fore warned though, they do serve their fish with the center bone when it is a filet cut. My other favorite item was the pistachio ice cream. Honestly, if I were to return, I think I'd be inclined to just order appetizers and dessert! They were that good.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Having done my research before embarking on the daunting prospect of choosing a good restaurant in San Francisco we were not disappointed. It was fabulous. The service, atmosphere and the food were all fantastic. The zucchini cakes, aubergine, spanakopita, kalamata pita ,lamb chops, duck,rice pudding, cheesecake..... I could go on and on. Great wine list that also did not disappoint. Altogether one of our favourites of a 3 week Califormian trip