“Absolutely perfect”
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

As a world traveler, i can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants out there. The food is literally perfect. The prices are a little high, but totally worth it

1  Thank lilyjoearmstrong_
Write a ReviewReviews (2,257)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the best food we had on our trip to San Francisco. The service was excellent and the food was mouthwatering.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our office had a company lunch at Kokkari. Since there were 15 of us, our lunch was selected for us. However, everything that was served was delicious. The food was served family style where the wait staff place the items on our place in reasonable portions. Only the side items were in the middle of the table for sharing. My absolute favorite item on my plate was the zucchini cakes. I actually asked for seconds on that item. I felt my chicken was a little over roasted but the fish was amazing. Be fore warned though, they do serve their fish with the center bone when it is a filet cut. My other favorite item was the pistachio ice cream. Honestly, if I were to return, I think I'd be inclined to just order appetizers and dessert! They were that good.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Having done my research before embarking on the daunting prospect of choosing a good restaurant in San Francisco we were not disappointed. It was fabulous. The service, atmosphere and the food were all fantastic. The zucchini cakes, aubergine, spanakopita, kalamata pita ,lamb chops, duck,rice pudding, cheesecake..... I could go on and on. Great wine list that also did not disappoint. Altogether one of our favourites of a 3 week Califormian trip

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stopped in for a nice "nosh" before the French Film Festival at a nearby movie theater. Since we were too early for regular dinner service, we sat (comfortably) at the Bar. It turned out that the bar menu we were handed was out-dated, so one of the things we wanted wasn't available (the stuffed peppers), but we were satisfied with the lamb ribblets (I don't want to ask where they get such tiny lambs), the fried cheese, something we wouldn't usually select, but it was the substitute for our peppers and was a pleasant surprise, very tangy and went well with the crusty bread that was placed in front of us almost as soon as we sat (along with a bowl of fruity olive oil for dipping). We finished off with a perfectly dressed salata kokkari--not really a Greek salad I don't think, but a wonderful autumn combo of apples, cob lettuce, walnuts and Maytag blue--the carmelized onions on top were superflous and clashed with the other flavors. The dressing was refreshing and I was delighted that this restaurant understands the meaning of lightly dressed. The service was friendly and efficient and this restaurant is really handsome.

I have wanted to go here for years, ever since the afternoon I walked by, several years ago, and saw it being constructed. I am glad I wasn't disappointed.