“Mussels”
Review of Plouf

Plouf
Reserve with OpenTable
Plouf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #536 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Bush & Kearny
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you like French seafood then you must come to this place to try their mussels... Nothing fancy or out of ordinary but the mussels they used are fresh and high quality. This place can get quite busy during dinner but their service is quick and their waitstaff are polite and proficient. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Club2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went to Plouf with two business partners and, while the food was good, in a city of fine dining options, it didn't do much to stand out from the crowd. I had been next door to Tiramisu a while back and would recommend it over Plouf. The wait staff was not entirely engaging, but we were a bit early for a dinner crowd and the food was nice enough... but did nothing to make it memorable.
I had dinner at four restaurants while on this trip to San Francisco and Plouf would be at the bottom of the list. From starter through soup/salad and main course, all good, just not noteworthy.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The best find ever! Quaint street alley seating with the absolute best waitress staff. Inside seating also available.The Plouf mussels were to die for and quantity sufficient for an entree (1 1/2 lbs). Also had french green beans and pomme frites w/ truffle oil and parmasean sides, both definite thumbs up! My wife had the blackened shrimp and grits and was enamoured with them. Value was unbelievable.
This place is THE place for a "local" San Francisco experience.

1  Thank Handtrick
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had been to this restaurant in San Fran 3 years ago when late in the city and had fond memories. As this was our last night for this holiday we sought it out for a great last meal. It was really disappointing. The restaurant seemed to have lost its original vibrancy and was near empty. We had 2 courses and to be fair the starter was great - grilled squid. However the main we're cold and not tasty. My wife had seabass on a risotto. The seabass was not cooked and raw and the risotto was cold. We sent it back but it came back just re-heated. The waitress was good but little she can do if the kitchen do not provide the goods. When we do return to San Fran then we will not be returning here.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been going to this charming French bistro for more than twenty years and always had a great experience with its food and very attentive personnel. My visit last visit is a case in point: Friendly, fast service, good wine and excellent food. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and must say that it was the best pulled pork I have had in a long time. Served with very tasty, crunchy, fresh fries and veggies and accompanied by a mellow Beaujoslais made it a perfect (inexpensive) lunch. We went after the lunch crowd had thinned out, highly recommended if you want a quiet lunch. If being social and enjoying the company of San Francisco office workers enjoying their lunch break al fresco, the lunch hour would be better. In that case, I recommend arriving shortly before noon to get a pleasant seat with a view.