“Bravo Tommaso's!”

Tommaso's Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
San Francisco, California, United States
“Bravo Tommaso's!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Tommaso's is a local favorite. The restaurant is warm and charming, the service friendly and professional, the food delicious and the prices reasonable. From salad to tiramisu - everything in between - Tommaso's is a wonderful meal and a fun dining experience. Pizza from the wood-burning oven is THE best, and my favorites include the lasagna and the baked chicken. This is a not-to-be-missed San Francisco icon - definitely worth the wait!

• Visited November 2013

nj
“Delicious beyond the pizza..”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a pizza snob. I've had the pleasure of eating the very best the world has to offer - from Naples, Italy to Brooklyn, New York. So I was skeptical when my dear friend and local San Fran resident/food tour guide brought me to Tomasso's. I thought, I'll go because I don't want to hurt her feelings and my Dad and I will have many more meals on our 10 day road trip down the coast. Boy was I wrong! This was one of our favorite and very best meals of the trip. In fact we talked about it for the duration! Not only is the pizza delicious but the other food to die for!! Beef carpaccio of all things?! The best I've ever had! The family that owns Tomasso's only enhances the experience, and even though a hundred people are lined up at the door they take the time to stop by your table and answer any questions - including details about their awesome pizza oven. Yes, for out of towners the location might look a bit sketchy, but it only adds to the experiennce and your memory. Add it to your San Framcisco itinerary. Or better yet, let Avital Food Tours do it for you. Tomasso's is one of the delicious places on the tour. Ask for Melissa, but try not to get upset when you realize she can't go with you on the rest of the 10 day road trip. Like my Dad did!! Ha ha.

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
“I love everything about this place”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is some of my favorite pizza in the country and I love my pizza! The pepperoni is the best, you can taste the high quality ingredients.
Every time I have a guest in town I have to bring them to Tommaso's to experience the warm, authentic vibe, the fabulous service and sweet family that owns it.
Don't be intimidated by the line outside if there is one, it is worth the wait!
There is so much history within these walls. A true SF gem.

• Visited November 2013
london
“Enoyable Italian”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

chanced upon this restaurant when visiting San Francisco, and were very pleased with it. Food was good (not great); house wine was very acceptable; and ambience was excellent. Busy, cheerful place that I would recommend.

Visited September 2013
Denver
“Not sure what the hype is about”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We heard great things about this place and told to get there early because there are no reservations. We were second in line waiting for it to open and a party of ten walked right in with reservations. Hmmm. We had a party of ten (which we called ahead and alerted them) and were jammed into a corner. Hmmm. Waitress took forever to wait on us but as earlier reviews stated the service was quick after that. Hmmm. I had linguine and clams which was very bland and they used canned clams with six real clams on top. The dessert menu came with no takers, then the check. Two in our party changed their mind about desert and we were basically told no because they had people waiting on the table...literally looking at us waiting on the table...with staff telling them we changed our mind and rolling their eyes.

Bottom Line: The food was fair, there service was fair, and atmosphere was fair. We will not return.

• Visited October 2013