“Great Italian food for the whole family”

Tommaso's Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a wonderful meal with great service. Most of the clientele were local townies and families not tourists. They clearly know where to go for a great meal.

There are newer reviews for Tommaso's Restaurant

Reviewed August 31, 2013

spinach pizza with pepperoni.... oh my god i could eat that forever.
and the tiramisu?! wow.
If I knew i was going to die tomorrow... I would make this my last meal and be VERY happy.
the wait? totally worth it.
the price? very decent.
the wine recommendations? spot on.
the staff? very attentive.

i really cant wait to go back for more tiramisu. yummmm

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Pizzas are fab. Veal roll is superb! But, my favorite item on the menu is the #13 Calzone. It's made with prosciutto, mozzarella and ricotta. No sauce.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent 5 days in the area near this restaurant and honestly it was one the best valued meals I had. The lasagna was one of the better I ever had and the tiaramisu was indeed the best I've ever eaten, as the cookie pieces in the bottom weren't wet and soggy like most all others are now. The sauce was meaty with a bold but spot on flavor and was coupled with nearly perfect noodles layered with creamy cheese, honestly, the dish was spectacular.And when I say spectacular i mean really good food at a good price and not My son had the pizza which was good but I'm not really a pizza person and when I do eat it I prefer Chicago style. Service was good and prompt and the venue, slightly below street level was quite appropriate. Be smart, get the lasgna and tiaramisu. I ate at Molinari's, Sotto Mare and Tommaso's during the week and nothing beat this place.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went earlyish on a Tuesday night and still had a wait. But the hostess was organized and kept a list of people waiting, and you could enjoy a glass of wine while you waited. Glad it was still light out since the neighborhood is sketchy! Once we were seated, I had the August special pasta with butter and sage sauce - to die for. Dessert was tiramisu and I enjoyed a glass of primitivo with dinner. Small, cozy neighborhood joint with lots of history. I'd return for sure.

1  Thank VAbeachgirl