“The lasagna and the tiaramisu are the stars . . . or they should be.”

Tommaso's Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent 5 days in the area near this restaurant and honestly it was one the best valued meals I had. The lasagna was one of the better I ever had and the tiaramisu was indeed the best I've ever eaten, as the cookie pieces in the bottom weren't wet and soggy like most all others are now. The sauce was meaty with a bold but spot on flavor and was coupled with nearly perfect noodles layered with creamy cheese, honestly, the dish was spectacular.And when I say spectacular i mean really good food at a good price and not My son had the pizza which was good but I'm not really a pizza person and when I do eat it I prefer Chicago style. Service was good and prompt and the venue, slightly below street level was quite appropriate. Be smart, get the lasgna and tiaramisu. I ate at Molinari's, Sotto Mare and Tommaso's during the week and nothing beat this place.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went earlyish on a Tuesday night and still had a wait. But the hostess was organized and kept a list of people waiting, and you could enjoy a glass of wine while you waited. Glad it was still light out since the neighborhood is sketchy! Once we were seated, I had the August special pasta with butter and sage sauce - to die for. Dessert was tiramisu and I enjoyed a glass of primitivo with dinner. Small, cozy neighborhood joint with lots of history. I'd return for sure.

1  Thank VAbeachgirl
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Met up with an old friend who lives in the Bay Area. They brought us here and we were not disappointed. We waited a bit but the wait time we were given was accurate, had salads with fresh ingredients then we all shared some large pizzas that are as good as any to be found on the east coast. Server was friendly and efficient, this place is run by a well known family and many of the employees have worked there for years. You won't go wrong eating here, fresh tasty and you leave feeling good

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Saturday night, 90 min wait, almost gave up because we were STARVING, but I am so glad we waited! I cannot begin to tell you how much I love the food at this restaurant, and the family who owns it. Best pizza ever- gotta try the Spinach pizza (trust me!). The lasagna is the nectar of the Gods! The linguini with seafood was out of this world. They also had a great selection of wines for a very fair price. Even if you're too full, you HAVE to try the tiramisu! NEVER had anything like it. Don't be intimidated by the long wait and the small space, it is an experience that you will never forget!

1  Thank MR2714
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant on Trip and wanted to try the famouse pizza from their old stoneowen.
The place is kept in oldstyle and is cozy. We orderd the Special deluxe, Parma and Pepperoni and Meatball pizza. The Deluxe had too much ingrediants and the pizza got soft, meaning not good. The best was Pepperoni and the Parma. All in all a good pizza place, but not rememberable.

1  Thank Einste1n