“Outstanding Pizza!”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We're from the NYC area but have been living in Texas for awhile. We have yet to find pizza like NYC. So after reading reviews, we made Tommaso's a must go during our visit to S.F. The first attempt was for lunch on a Saturday but they do not open until 5:00 pm Tues - Sat. Sundays at 4:00 PM. So we waited till Sunday and got there just about 5:30, good crowd already. Didn't even bother going over the full menu, we picked and ordered a pizza and some wine. One bite and we knew, we were "home". This is what pizza is supposed to taste like. Have to admit the sausage was a little different than we're used to. It was good but what made all that matters was how good the PIZZA was. You can not, not love this pizza!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

after a long day in Muir woods and sausalito, we went to a recommended place in the North Beach area of SF. had to wait in this small sized restaurant but was it worth it. perhaps the best veal i've had in 10 years. rollatini was the special but our son had saltimbocca and it was perfect. believe me, we're italians from Jersey so we know our veal. like Sollazzo in Godfather I, "the best in the city......"

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place has a wonderful atmosphere. You walk in and feel the comforting and inviting ambiance of this small, quaint restaurant. The owners are clearly proud of their place and definitely have a focus on quality ingredients and a dedication to their amazing history.
We tried the fresh spinach and parmesan pizza as well as a sweet corn and cilantro pizza. As someone who loves corn and cilantro I was really expecting this to be the highlight of my pizza tasting experience, but while it was quite tasty, I have to say the spinach pizza was ridiculously good. Another person in our party who avoids all things green was shocked by how much he enjoyed that spinach pizza.
We arrived around 5:00 on a Thursday, so we beat the crowds...but just barely. Can't wait to get back to San Fran to try more pizza here!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really good Italian food especially the pizzas and Chicken parm. Location is not very welcoming but the place is packed all the time for dinners. I suggest you get take out in case you do not have time to wait outside. Difficult to get proper receipt if you any cash.

1  Thank Wunderluft
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not sure that I'd take family here considering the plethora of strip joints and sex shops lining the street, but for my husband and me, it was fine. Even considering this, I still give this five stars because the food was that good. We had the caprese salad and a small calzone. Both were fresh and absolutely delicious. It it was entirely too much food. We both left stuffed. I felt the prices were fair ($37 total) for the great quality. We arrived early (520ish) and were seated at an individual table, but by the time we left, all tables were full, including the community table in the middle. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank Whitney K