“Excellent Chinese Food at a reasonable price”

Brandy Ho's Hunan Food
Reserve with OpenTable
Brandy Ho's Hunan Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: Pacific Ave.
Transit: No. 15 bus stop
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Chinese Food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I ate at Brandy Ho's on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. While the restaurant was not very busy when we walked in for lunch, it quickly filled up. As soon as we sat down, we were given a pot of hot tea - which was wonderful. My husband ordered the General's Chicken and I ordered the Si Foo Chicken. Both were FANTASTIC!!! Neither of us left anything for later. The food had outstanding flavor and it tasted fresh and clean. Even if you are not a fan of Chinese food, I would recommend Brandy Ho's. You will not walk away disappointed.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
“Terrific Hunan Food!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Both my boss and the concierge recommended this restaurant when my husband and I were looking for a great Chinese restaurant in SF. And Brandy Ho's didn't disappoint! It's a very casual restaurant at the edge of Chinatown with fantastic food and very fast and attentive service! You must try the onion cake! The steamed dumplings were also very good. Brandy Ho's is known for authentic smoked Hunan food. I ordered the smoked chicken and the waitress warned me that the smoky flavor is very strong. The chicken was good but definitely for those who love an intense smoky flavor. It was a little strong for me and my husband. My husband ordered a beef curry dish which was outstanding! I like mild and my husband likes insanely spicy but they were able to make everything mild and put hot sauces on the side. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hunan food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This place was seriously good. Basic decor, very friendly manager and knockout food. Would steer away from the smoked things on the menu, but everything else was great.

1 Thank Kieran L
San Francisco, California
“LOVE their Gon-pou Chicken, Onion Cake, Cold Noodle Salad & hot and sour soup!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

They have a lunch special that is fantastic!!! The cold noodle salad has a peanut dressing that is the best!

• Visited November 2013
“In SF for a week and ate here twice!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This place has perhaps the BEST hot & sour soup we've ever had! And the dumplings are phenomenal...great spice/heat to everything! And great prices...definitely worth a visit!

Visited February 2014