“Finally a decent espresso ”
Review of Caffe Trieste

Caffe Trieste
Ranked #220 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Paris
“Finally a decent espresso ”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Landed here after visiting Chinatown. Excellent coffee the real Italian way.
Pastries are also tasty.

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Better than my own incomparable coffee”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were first in the door the last two days with the regular "starters." Paul is a great person to meet and converse with at the start of any day. My previous trip in December, we noticed how he took a personal interest in his customers, and helped us also discover variations on offerings. This time also. The croissants arrive just after opening and we all head back to the counter for our favorites. The Cappuccino is strong and satisfying. I take great pains to brew only the best fresh-roasted Sumatra at home, carefully ground and then bloomed and filtered. I typically tolerate coffee when traveling. But I love this place.

• Visited January 2013
Corrales, New Mexico
“There is another reviewer in here who is right.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I lived in New Zealand for nearly four years. The coffee IS just like the coffee in NZ. It tastes like dirt! I love the kiwis. But not their coffee. I must admit, though. I am a sweet-mocha-livin' fatty. So, I probably am not the best person to ask. But, just in case you are like me, I post this for you.

Lauderhill, Florida
“Forget Starbucks!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stopped at the Caffe Trieste on our way to Chinatown (started Italian, ended French...go figure). Just wanted coffee, but got an experience! The place was packed, an obvious local favorite. Dozens of varieties of coffee prepearations, plus some tasty looking pastries and a menu with sandwitches and the like. We were commandeered by a colorful and friendly local named Rose, who convinced me to order the same thing, the same way--an Africano, very strong, with cream. It was delicious, as was my wife's Ciocolatte. The place is filled with history, celeb pics on the walls, all ruled by Papa Gianni for the last six decades! It's worth seeking out, both for the coffee and the experience!

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“The best cappuccino in SanFran”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you are from Vancouver and like Commercial Drive, you will like this place. There is a juke box, lots of locals and photos of the founders and friends such as Pavoratti.

Visited December 2012