“Nice affogato”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We walked by and stopped for coffee on a Thursday afternoon. Surprised at good quality of espresso, cappuccino , and affogato. Quite spacious ,many tables, good spot to sit down and enjoy your cup of coffee and has free wi Fi. Don't know about food, but as a coffee spot it served a very good purpose. It is also open long hours. Beats your Starbuck IMHO.

1  Thank tak3

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went here during our last visit to SF, we know this restaurant from a friend of ours,
they said that the tiramisu was really good, apparently it wasn't as good as I imagined, it's just OK, their Canolli taste better actually...
but to go all the way to find this cafe? I don't think so...

Reviewed December 27, 2013

After dinner at nearby restaurant, we had the perfect desserts outdoors at Caffe Greco. I loved my beautiful mixed berry fruit tart and my friend thoroughly enjoyed her coconut macaroon dipped in chocolate. Anytime of the day - nice variety of quality treats. YUM!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Caffe Greco situated in the North Beach area serves Illy coffee.
Illy to me is one of the best coffees available. Any espresso or espresso based coffee tastes as good as it gets. Illy uses 100% Arabica beans which are considered to be the best coffee beans. Interesting detail: very little caffeine. Because of using only high class beans and the costly method of production Illy is not cheap but top. First class is never cheap, right?

The coffee is perfectly prepared by a friendly staff. Staff faces are familiar to us (my husband and I go there each day - sometimes several times a day - when we are in San Francisco). Staff has remained pretty much unchanged in the past 8 years - to me always a good sign.

Pastries are also very good.
Great spot for people watching and having a chat with friends.

If you like sodas: try an Orangina: lightly carbonated citrus drink with a little bit of pulp. Very fruity, NOT very sweet, therefore, more refreshing.

My favorite place to have a great coffee in San Francisco.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm visiting SFC for holiday after one week working here at Santa Clara, tired because a hard week, walking without any way, and I decided to take something here, I ordered pasta and one cup of Chardonnay wine!
Perfect, it was what I needed. I have seen some guys with a desert and cappuccino, and I'm going to try it too, many good recommendations on this threat!
Enjoy it!