“Great place to sit outside and enjoy the coffee or the food!”
Review of Caffe Greco

Caffe Greco
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm visiting SFC for holiday after one week working here at Santa Clara, tired because a hard week, walking without any way, and I decided to take something here, I ordered pasta and one cup of Chardonnay wine!
Perfect, it was what I needed. I have seen some guys with a desert and cappuccino, and I'm going to try it too, many good recommendations on this threat!
Enjoy it!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great place to chat with a friend over coffee and freshly-made pastries ordered at the counter. There are 2 rooms so we've always found a table. Good for people watching, too.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was skeptical about the type of coffee a lebanese owner, el salvadorian staff, a greek sounding name, and an american tourist place would turn out but I was pleasantly surprised! Having spent so many years in Italy - I can say their coffee is pretty close! The price may be a little pricey for some but you are paying for the quality of coffee as well, it's SF! So high prices are expected. Give it try! What have you got to loose, $5?

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We encountered this on our walking tour of SF. We had reached about as far as we were going to walk that day (it we after 3PM and we would need to walk our way back!). This is in North Beach and is near many nice looking restaurants. This in not a large menu, full meal place, but a genuine caffe. I had a simple salami and cheese sandwich and a beer. My wife had a soup and a beer as well. Others had coffee. But the trick was that as we were served, they brought out a basket of bread with cruets with oil and vinegar. The bread (with olive oil and so on) was delicious and worth the price of a meal.

You sit outside. If sunny and not cold, its a pleasure. There is indoor seating as well. We were charmed.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Was looking for a quick breakfast. Didn't want to wait in line. Had a craving for french toast or pancakes. Wandering by Caffe Greco I saw someone eating a waffle. Sounded perfect. Went in, placed my order. Sat outside and waited. Short while later I was staring at a belgian waffle, covered with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. First bite was awesome. Actually, every bite was. A really tasty waffle.